Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeyes fluid?

Default Jeyes fluid?

We don't have Jeyes fluid here in the US. Does anyone know a good equivalent? From what I can tell, many of you adore this stuff, so I'm hoping we have something close. I don't know what else I could use on the lawnmower, etc.

Thanks heaps!
    Michele

Michele,
    The movers I have talked to in the last week said that all we need to do is to wash outside items and then immediately bring them inside and box/wrap them.

So, we don't plan to buy any special cleaning fluid. Not sure if that is the best plan though. :?

When are you moving over?

Cynthia/RoadRunner

Nothing special is good. I'll just rent a power washer for the lawn mower and swing. Works for me.

I'm not sure when I'm moving over yet. I'm still waiting to hear from the last person on the interview committee. He couldn't make it to the interview last Monday. They said he will be calling, but not sure when. If I get that, I'll be going to Rotorua in about 3-4 months, otherwise I can't submit my EOI until June. I guess either way, I'll be there by the end of the year. And with a lot of bribery, my daughter is now looking foward to the move.

Michele

And last, but certainly not least, congrats on your PR!

Jeyes fluid is just a multi-purpose outdoor disinfectant. The great thing about it is it`s distinctive smell which lasts for weeks so that when you`ve used it everyone knows.

Bobby.

Bobby,

"distinctive smell"
    I've heard other people say the same thing. I'd be worried that you'd never get the smell out of your clothes, or furniture, or other things! :eek

RoadRunner

We used a cheap steam cleaner (one that doubles up as a wallpaper remover) - no chemicals & it got everything really clean - especially the bottoms of shoes!

GUYS,
    count yourselves lucky you don't have Jeyes!!!
    I used it and its so strong and Caustic the fumes burnd the insides of my nostrils - sore is an undersatement -- and to top the lot the MAF person just gave the items that i had laboured over for hours just a cursory glance....
    my advice is just clean em with whatever you have. they are just making sure stuff isn't full of mud or debris.

Linda x

I think Linda has hit the nail firmly on the head there. MAF are only really interested in ensuring that no visible nastys get through, so Jeyes is probably a bit over the top.
    My plan is to use a small hand held steamer (£25 from B&Q) on anything grubby and especially outdoor stuff. Then give everthing a light spraying with a solution of something along the lines of Zoflora disinfectant. Much more pleasant smell than Jeyes, and does about the same sort of job.
    I have toyed with the idea of video taping the process to prove to MAF that the effort has been made. Is it worth it ???

I have toyed with the idea of video taping the process to prove to MAF that the effort has been made. Is it worth it ???
    Timbo you nutter!

We have just used a steam cleaner and hubby got most of the stubborn stuff of the lawn mower with white spirit, I remember parents using Jeyes on the drains, the smell was awful. Also got a loan of a power washer which seems to have done most of the other stuff really well, including the bike.

We will just have to wait and see if all our efforts are wasted like poor Linda, or whether they are rejected and MAF clean them for us? (now theres a thought??)[/quote]

Blooming cheek.
    Iam sure MAF will gladly clean all of your gear for you jubjub..........at a price.
    I usually go to my local pub to get insulted. Think I will just log on here, and save myself a small fortune.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast