Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HELP!!! - Scared of Flying

get lots of alchohol during flight, so you'll be happy hahahahaha just kidding...

It wouldn't be that bad Carol. In April Mark sprung a suprise trip on the boys and me. It was dad in laws 80th birthday so the 3 of us went over for a couple of weeks to help him celebrate. Mark had to be back in Africa so couldn't make the holiday himself.

Last minute booking (booked 7 days in advance - that's all the notice I got) - and had to take what was on offer. Ended up flying with Emirates and it took forever ..... London to Dubai to Singapore to Brisbane to Auckland - it was never ending.

Anyway - my 2 boys (who then were 6 and 7) were great. As long as they have those personal entertainment screens so that they can play Super Mario or watch a film they're sorted.
    I thought that doing the trip without hubby would be a nightmare ... no - it was fine.

Another thing to consider ..... with only 1 of your kids instead of 3 .... you'll have two thirds more time to yourself !!!!!!!!

Clink clink.

Diny

My husband has never flown in his life,and neither have my kids.
    we will be flying with NZ air, are they any good with first timers and also the kids,
    Any tips on how to entertain the kids would be helpfull (AND IAIN)....
    Im sure it will be fine because thats the worst bit, the getting there.
    (And im sure its worth it.)
    :?

Air NZ are OK, lots of legroom and, for an airline, pretty good food. For kids though you really have to provide your own entertainment, they only have big screens, none in the back of the seat. Take plenty to keep them occupied if you have room and, if they are old enough, a Gameboy is invaluable!!

Cheers,

Mark.

For travelling with kids I still have to sing the praises of Singapore Airlines. They are fantastic and if time allows they will even take your kids off for a 'walk' to give you a few mins peace. They took mine into the galley and gave them juice, and they came back with crayons and drawing books etc.

If you opt for Singapore Air make sure you pre-book childrens meals. They are very good - the trays come loaded with food, chocolate and little gimicky things.

Diny

Michelle

Thanks for that Michelle, you have made me feel a lot better . Would you come and sit next to me on my flight to NZ I would feel so much safer :mrgreen: .

SteveR my other half just ignores me, puts his headphones on and gets on with things, whilst I am white knuckled holding on to the edge of my seat and waiting for every little shudder of the plane.

The funny thing is I like the taking off and landing, which I am told are the most dangerous times

I will have a search on those 1 day courses for fear of flighing and see how much they cost :eek

Anyway :hopeso :hopeso that I will be ok with all the medication I intend to take : I think I might buy some different types and try them one weekend and see what effect they might have. In fact I could try this weekend as I have to take one of my cats to its new home and I no I will be very upset so I think I will try some Kalms!!!!

Jules

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234