Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you buy from amazon in NZ

Default Can you buy from amazon in NZ

I do most of my shopping except clothes and food on the internet and have found amazon generally the cheapest.

Can you buy from amazon in NZ? If so are there any restrictions and has any one bought blu Rays from amazon in NZ?

David

I'm sure someone in NZ will come along soon and answer your question, but I do remember a thread while ago about someone ordering from the UK Amazon site and getting items delivered via Royal Mail re-direction to NZ (redirected from their OLD UK address). So I suppose it's do-able. I'm particularly interested in books, because what I can't access through the local library, I get on Amazon. I think that I'd come out in a rash if I had to buy a book at the list price

You can buy from Amazon but, in general, the only thing Amazon ships outside the US is books. There may be other exceptions but I have not noticed them.

Please note that anything over some amount ($50) may be taxed by the IRD.

Is it $50 or $400?

Quote Originally Posted by Bozeman View Post
    You can buy from Amazon but, in general, the only thing Amazon ships outside the US is books. There may be other exceptions but I have not noticed them.

Our Amazon orders of CDs, books. and DVDs totaling over $50 have not been taxed.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Our Amazon orders of CDs, books. and DVDs totaling over $50 have not been taxed.

Cheers
    It's all quite complicated, see Customs Charges for actual details.

It certainly more than NZ$50 worth of goods.

The point to note is that as long as the total charge is less than NZ$50 then it is waived.

Ian

I've bought a few books from Amazon in the UK, but the postage costs really add up. I've started using The Book Depository instead - the book prices are similar to Amazon, but postage is free, and they send every book separately, so even if you place a big order it won't attract customs charges.

Just bought a DVD from Amazon UK for £3.98, postage was £3.58, and it arrived 6 days after ordering it. No problem.

I've ordered DVDs from amazon in the US and they arrived no problem (though it did try to tell me I should order a different DVD because of the regions, but I have a region 1 player, so I wanted what I was actually trying to order).

I have had issues with some books not being able to be shipped direct to here though (mainly my giant textbooks) so those I have shipped to my mother in the states and she forwards them over to me.

I've used UK amazon for books and CDs and found even with postage it was cheaper significantly than buying in NZ- not always though so worth doing a decent comparison but twice I bought things I wanted for less than £1!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast