Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you buy from amazon in NZ

We always compare amazon.com and amazon.co.uk and bookdepository against the price of books from Borders with the discount vouchers (can sign up on-line for weekly vouchers etc). One place doesn't seem to be consistently cheaper than any other once you factor in the shipping, and occasionally fishpond (offer you discounts for unbought items saved in your cart) and thenile (offer 5% off most orders with discount code) work out cheaper too.

I bought a bunch of DVDs and two big books from UK amazon. Cost was about £40 and the postage was only a few pounds. O thought it wad a bargain. Took about 10days to arrive. No customs issues.

Amazon? No problem at all. We had Life on Mars before NZ had even heard of it!

Amazon, M& S, fat face and CD wow are all good in fact CD wow is free delivery or was when I last had something. It does however depend what you order with amazon I went to order a game and book and they wanted 40 gbp so aborted purchase but other things have been a lot less

I looked at cd wow for blu rays and there expensive generally 50% more then Amazon.co.uk. Blu Ray only have 3 regions europe and africa and new Zealand all the same region then Asia then US. So hopefully we can buy them from amazon when we arrive as I would suspect there not cheap in NZ. I bought Crocs for the kids on amazon US and the postage worked out more than the shoes, but still much cheaper then Crocs EU.

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    It's all quite complicated, see Customs Charges for actual details.

It certainly more than NZ$50 worth of goods.

The point to note is that as long as the total charge is less than NZ$50 then it is waived.

Ian
    Thanks for the link. I'm reading it as saying that if your customs charges are less than $50, they don't bother collecting it. So if you would otherwise owe12.5% GST, you'd have to be importing over NZ$400 worth of goods for them to actually charge you.

I recently ordered a couple books from Amazon in the U.S. Shipping is actually fairly expensive ($US15 for $US25 worth of books), but I think it's still cheaper than trying to buy books in the shops here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12