Thread: IR3

Question IR3

I have recieved an IR3 & not sure why, does anyone know if I have to fill it in or can I ignore it? I don't work so have no income apart from a very little interest on some savings
    Wasn't sure if I could just bin it & be done

First take this questionnaire...Do you need to file an IR3 return to be sure that you don't need to file.

Note at the very end it says...
    If you have received an IR 3 tax pack, please contact us on 0800 227 774 to tell us that you don't need to file a tax return
    Ian

Thanks Ian, just a phone call is better than I thought

Called the number & 20 minutes later they will be sending me a different set of forms to complete, thsi may trigger the parental tax credit that you get for having a baby in NZ
    Now have to get on & do OH set of forms a little late maybe

Thumbs up

Might be of interest to some of you but just had a phone call from IR as they just spoke to OH about his IR3 & it turns out that I am registered to be looked into each year for Working Famillies tax credit even though I know we wont qualify, but just been told that by me being registered could have an effect on OH taxes & could show him as owing some money, money she said they wouldn't ask for otherwise so has been suggested that after this year I call up & cancel the working famillies tax credit & that way all my forms will stop & should be OK for OH too
    Now I'm no tax person so don't really know how it all works but if like she says it could stop us owing money then great