Thread: Anyone working in the Civil Service?

Default Anyone working in the Civil Service?

I'm looking at the Land Information NZ as a possible alternative to IT Sales (but staying in the GIS industry); and there are a couple which appeal; however, one is Band 3, and the other is Band 7.

I can't find any information anywhere on the LINZ, jobs.govt.nz or through Google searching on what the salary expectations should be for those bands.

Whilst I think I can do both of these jobs, I'd like to know whether I'm applying for basic level admin or something more senior! (and also whether I'd be able to survive on the salary... )

Does anyone have any info on how much each banding level would earn, and a rough idea of seniority (i.e. is Band 3 one step above school leaver)?

Many thanks
    Jo

I work in the public sector, but not sure if I can help, because I doubt LINZ's bands are the same as ours.

Ours go from one to twenty odd.

You can always ask LINZ for a copy, as I doubt they'll be secret - in my department they're on the Intranet.

That's not to say everyone's salary is public of course, but certainly the range is.

You might want to ask for a copy of their performance framework while you're at it.

I also work in the public sector and second what Chiba says. We have two bands in my organisation, one for managers and one for all other staff, both of which use a numbering system to make things more confusing.

I found recruitment consultants very helpful for getting my head around salary bands.

Thanks - I'll drop them over an email