Thread: LTBV Questions

Default LTBV Questions

Hi all, Im a long time reader here but 1st time i have left any questions, but before i ask i would like to say what a great help this site and all of your Q&A's have been to me. so here goes ......

I am looking to move to NZ chc/selwin area on a LTBV with my wife and 2 kids (18 mnths and 2nd due in 10 weeks (gulp)) my question is Can you purchase a business over there before you recieve your visa (to clarify this i meen to purchase a business [already found one of great interest to me] and have it managed for me by a local. then to apply for the ltbv and move out there to expand and improve on the current business).

If done in this order i would be very worried that
    1. i might not be approved for the ltbv, so would have effectivly spent alot of money on a business i could not get out too to run effectivly. ....and

2. while the cat is away the mice will play (chance that manager will not do all he/she can to run the business smoothly untill my arival).

any sugestions are welcome on this.

I am also curiouse as to how the school fees for my children would be effected as i belive that international students are charged alot more for education where as PR have a reasonable rate. or does the ltbv class my children as permanent residents??

Many thanks and keep up the good work

If you are granted the LTBV, you have PR, and so do the family migrating with you, so your children's fees will be the same as a Kiwi or other resident.

I think anyone is allowed to own a business in NZ. You may like to look at this link - the topics in the sidebar on the left seem to cover the kind of issues you're interested in, or you could perhaps contact this department and ask specific advice.
    http://www.business.govt.nz/Business...d-support.aspx

Thanks JandM for the reply and link will look at the site and prob give them a call :-)