Thread: Electrician Work

Thumbs up Electrician Work

Hi guys,

I'm new to this site and would like some advise for my OH, he is looking for electrician work. His EOI is submitted (130 points)and the next selection is tonight so keep praying. I know it's very deficult to search for work from SA but at least we can try

All good wishes for the selection.

What sort of advice are you looking for? It may help people to help you if you share what kind of work he's done in the past, and whether you have a particular area of NZ in mind where you'd hope to live.

Hi Guys,
    Yes, probably best if you can ask specific questions. Happy to answer if/when I can. We have been in NZ for 15 months and OH is the Electrician, I just did all of the paperwork to go with the application so know a few things

Well, we would love the stay in the North Island but we will go where the job is.
    Riaan worked as a electrician sins 1989 till present. He has working experience in the mining industry on a plant and Industrial and domestic. I have tried to apply for jobs on seek but for the past 12 months no one seem to be looking at his cv. So how can I apply for jobs with the assessment letter from EWRB that state that they will issue him a provisional license??
    Do anyone know of any company that has an open position and that will offer him a job under a provisional license??

We have been selected today and I am so glad!!!!! Now the next step is the ITA

Hi Dolla,
    There has been a bit of a slackening off in this part of the NI. The company my Husband works for put all of the employees on shorter time to enable no job losses. It appears to have picked up slightly. I think it is a tricky situation, easier to get a job once here and the employers can meet with you face to face but you need a job from SA in order to get here any time soon. I will ask my Husband tonight to see if he has any ideas.

Hi Dolla,

Hi and good luck from another ex-SA family. Given that your hubby has mining experience, have you considered the local mines? I bumped in to a couple of SA families during our medicals that were coming out to work on mines. Also, don't just use Seek for jobs. Try trademe.co.nz and nzherald.co.nz. Also, contact companies directly. For example, here's a list of companies in mining and minerals...
    http://www.finda.co.nz/business/c/mi...raw-materials/

Just some random thought that may help!

Good luck.