Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 85

Thread: I know of a job going in....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Inland Canterbury, NZ
    Posts
    8,390

    Default I know of a job going in....

    Ok, jobs are becoming as rare as hen's teeth in some industries so I thought that as there are many of us here working we might keep an eye on the internal job boards and give a nod to those seeking jobs.

    Please post as much information on the job as you feel comfortable. You may prefer anyone who is interested to PM you first, some companies might not want their positions broadcast.

    I'll kick off.

    Location: Christchurch

    Position: Person with solid C# experience who can implement business logic into existing web services.

    Contact me via PM, please.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Moorf, I think that's a great idea!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    East Coast, USA -> Auckland
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Moorf

    Excellent idea and will be very helpful for those of us planning to emigrate/move as well as those already there who are looking for work. Will keep an eye on this thread.

    Thanks for starting this!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    44N to 43S; Oregon to ChCh
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    I posted this in the IT job thread a bit ago, but OH's company is still hiring multiple positions.
    Software testing, technical support, as well as graduate, intermediate and senior developer positions (.Net, C# among other things).

    They are advertising on seek directly now instead of using an agent as far as I can tell so seekers in the Christchurch area have probably seen the jobs.

    Good math skills a must. I can't do anything with a CV but if you PM me I can tell you the company and what basically to expect for interview etc. (I'm under the impression that posting the web address is against the TOS, so just PM me)

    As of 9 months ago were willing to deal with people regardless of immigration status as long as they were available for in person interview, probably still are as well. Unfortunately I get the impression they are very picky, so not sure how much help this really is.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Inland Canterbury, NZ
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Another thought - perhaps any jobs in small local newspapers that we get in NZ that we think might be of interest could be posted here. I know they advertise quite a few teaching jobs in our local Darfield paper, for instance.

    What I don't really think will be helpful on here is a list of recruitment agencies and websites as I believe there's already many listed on here. Or, perhaps considering the economic climate, a new "sticky" thread of recruitment outlets could be made?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hastings, Hawkes Bay, NZ
    Posts
    1,296

    Default

    Any help with any joinery jobs on North Island would be good..........

    Hubby still off work and depression setting in quickly!

    He is prepared to travel if need be and stay away during the week.

    Sharon
    xx

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The People's Republic
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    ... our local Darfield paper, for instance.
    Bonus plus point for potential applicants: Darfield has a fantastic bakery!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Inland Canterbury, NZ
    Posts
    8,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiba View Post
    Bonus plus point for potential applicants: Darfield has a fantastic bakery!
    Ssssshhhhh, don't tell everyone, it's always packed as it is it's fantastic, so is their coffee

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    Ssssshhhhh, don't tell everyone, it's always packed as it is it's fantastic, so is their coffee
    When my friend came to visit from Singapore, the Darfield bakery was one of the highlights! Oh did I say that out loud? Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    44N to 43S; Oregon to ChCh
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BkyMonster View Post
    I posted this in the IT job thread a bit ago, but OH's company is still hiring multiple positions.
    Software testing, technical support, as well as graduate, intermediate and senior developer positions (.Net, C# among other things).

    They are advertising on seek directly now instead of using an agent as far as I can tell so seekers in the Christchurch area have probably seen the jobs.

    Good math skills a must. I can't do anything with a CV but if you PM me I can tell you the company and what basically to expect for interview etc. (I'm under the impression that posting the web address is against the TOS, so just PM me)

    As of 9 months ago were willing to deal with people regardless of immigration status as long as they were available for in person interview, probably still are as well. Unfortunately I get the impression they are very picky, so not sure how much help this really is.

    Just want to pop this up again.
    I hear what the company is looking to hire lots of is software testers (OH mentioned at a work outing that I was bored without a job and was asked if I knew how to test software, so they must need people! ). I'm not sure if there is a technical test like there is for the programming positions (passing that is the main basis for being offered a developer position afaik), but I can find out if anyone is interested.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •