Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you bring from Europe?

Default What would you bring from Europe?

If you had a significant amount of space available in a container coming from Europe what sorts of things would you fill it with? Also, does anyone know what caravan prices are like in Holland and where you might be able to pick up a cheap one that you could stuff in a container?

Quote Originally Posted by clg View Post
    If you had a significant amount of space available in a container coming from Europe what sorts of things would you fill it with? Also, does anyone know what caravan prices are like in Holland and where you might be able to pick up a cheap one that you could stuff in a container?

It depends on whether or not money is no problem and whether you have children or not.

Shoes - children's in all range of sizes.
    Books
    Ikea furniture
    Bisto powder - the powder here is not the same
    Children's colouring books - I've struggled to find decent ones for a decent price.
    Curtains
    Paint - but that comes with a risk of spillage!!!!! (think you can only bring emulsion based paint though) Paint is expensive here.

As for a caravan - anything newer than 1970's is going to be a bonus. I can't believe the prices of caravans here. We saw a '77 van with no wash facilities and only foot pumped water, cost was $12K - you wouldn't have been able to give it away as a chicken coop in the UK. We are actually in the process of shipping our caravan over from the UK. Fingers crossed it's going on a ship this weekend - it's been waiting all wrapped up on the dock for a week now.

duty free fags

Pampers nappies!

dream topping!

OH has just informed me that there was a massive caravan sales place in Winterswijk. He says you couldn't miss the showroom as it's so big in such a little town. Prices of vans use to be much cheaper than in the UK, but he doesn't know how the change over to the Euro affected the sales prices.

HTH

Italy

We brought over a kids supply of pampers when we moved here. We had extras and sold them on trademe. Did rather well!

My mother is the one moving (probably) and will have some extra space so...

youmeandthree, are they shipping your caravan inside of a container or is it coming over separately? Was there much difficulty in getting it over? I was hoping it would not involve much more than shoving it in the container and getting the WOF and electrical work sorted out once it arrives here.

A large woman with big thighs

Seen quite a few women like that here Bobo, why import one????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast