Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do we book stopover legs to Auckland?

Default How do we book stopover legs to Auckland?

Hello all, anyone able to help, we want to take a few days to get to Auckland with 1 or 2 stopovers but am struggling to figure out the most cost effective way of doing this.

Anyone able to offer any advice?

Thanks

I have tried every combination of stopovers on the air NZ website but it keeps telling me nothing matches my requirements.

You could phone Air NZ - for an ordinary national-rate number in the UK, I found myself talking to someone at Auckland Airport, who was very helpful with the particular queries I had (and hearing her voice made soon being in NZ feel all the more real ).

We went into the Air New Zealand office at New Zealand House when we went to get our blue stickers. Said that we wanted to fly from London to Wellington but have stopovers in the states and Raratonga and was that possible?
    No problem, she said and looked it up for us. We are toying with getting return/RTW flights as one way is 75% of the cost of a return/RTW and OH wants to come back to visit his parents. We figure that buying a return, and then doing the same again when back here might be the cheapest way to do it.
    So the very helpful AirNZ person asked if we wanted to come back the same way or via the far east and looked at us stopping off in Hong Kong on the way back.

I think, basically, any route they fly you can get off and stay for a few days (or weeks) rather than getting straight back on the plane after refuelling. Give them a call.

AirNZ is holding the route we chose for two weeks (no obligation/no cost) and we are going to look at other ways - I want to talk to companies like Travelbag or Flightbookes or whatever tghey are called to get some options though.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You could phone Air NZ - for an ordinary national-rate number in the UK, I found myself talking to someone at Auckland Airport, who was very helpful with the particular queries I had (and hearing her voice made soon being in NZ feel all the more real ).
    If you call the Air NZ UK freephone number, you'll speak to someone from the Contact Centre in Auckland, either in the city or over the North Shore

They have a dedicated internet helpdesk for people experiencing difficutlies booking online, you should ask to speak to them Jakarta, there may be a way around your booking problem

Jen
    Last edited by urban78; 13th July 2009 at 08:36 AM.

nice one thanks for the advice, seems calling them is the way forward, does anyone know if it is more expensive to stop over?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakarta View Post
    does anyone know if it is more expensive to stop over?
    I don't think so. But ask for prices with and without to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakarta View Post
    nice one thanks for the advice, seems calling them is the way forward, does anyone know if it is more expensive to stop over?
    A lot of the flights include free stopovers in some cities, but it would depend on what's available and where you'll be stopping as well

By the way - when you are booking, before you pay, it might be worth checking these guys out:
    http://www.flightcentre.co.uk/info/p...s/fly_for_free

I've got a branch near me, and when I went in to check, I asked whether it included booking directly through the airline, and the lady behind the counter said "Yes" - it's got to be worth a go!

Yes definitely talk to a human directly!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast