Thread: Shipping from South Africa

Default Shipping from South Africa

Anyone with good or bad experiences of shippers from South Africa? I've seen lots of posts re UK and USA, but not too much from South Africa. I have had a quote from Cargopak who seem to do a lot of SA/NZ shipping. Any comments / advice / suggestions will be appreciated.

Thx
    Francoise

Quote Originally Posted by Francoise View Post
    Anyone with good or bad experiences of shippers from South Africa? I've seen lots of posts re UK and USA, but not too much from South Africa. I have had a quote from Cargopak who seem to do a lot of SA/NZ shipping. Any comments / advice / suggestions will be appreciated.

Thx
    Francoise
    Hi Francoise,
    We shipped a half container using Magna International Removers, they are based in Westmead, Pinetown. I guess I would recommend them, no surprises or extra costs, and nearly everything arrived undamaged. At about R20-25000 for the whole move that's not half bad.
    In case you wonder whether our costs are relevant, we shipped from, wait for it, Gillitts. And we had originally set our destination as Auckland but it was no problem at all for them to change that and roadfreight it down to Wellington.
    Hope this helps. let me know if you want more info.
    Questy.

We shipped with Crown. They did a full pack / unpack service and very little damage. all told with insurance and a nearly full 40' container, cost was R105k (none of our quotes cam close to Questy's!!!)

hi Francoise - we havent left or had our stuff packe dyet!! but our quote and meet with Kings was really good - R19000 for half a container. they pack us up on 10th August so will let you know about 8 weeks after that!

Thx for the info. Will check around for quotes with the companies mentioned.