Thread: Work visa processing times?

Default Work visa processing times?

Any one have a ball park figure on average processing times of work visas for job on issl at the moment?

Cath XX

would be interested in the answer to this one myself

We got a working holiday visa in about a week.... but that was from the US... Not sure if it's different or not.

WHV are processed much quicker as the only criteria really is meeting the age requirements.

Work visa's are a whole other kettle of fish! I think someone said they were running about two months but to be honest I have no idea!

Sorry, I'm not very helpful

All my work permits were processed within 6-8 weeks

Hi - my brother-in-law battled with this after he arrived here (On a holiday visa) and got offered a job. It's the obvious catch-22 isn't it; you can't get a job without a permit and you can't get a permit without a job. Anyway he was quoted 7-8 weeks processing time with no guarantee. However I took him into the immigration office here in Christchurch - OK we queued from 7:00am - and he got his Permit stamped for 3 years. I got the impression that they (Christchurch) ar not really set-up for Permits and they seem to limit how many people the see each day - hence our early arrival. But if you've got an offer I'd suggest you do the same.

The last time I got a WTR visa in 2007 it took less than a week going through the NZ Embassy in Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by RTNZ View Post
    The last time I got a WTR visa in 2007 it took less than a week going through the NZ Embassy in Los Angeles.
    Times appear to have got a lot longer since then. I got my work permit in October 2007. It took 2 weeks. One of my mates got his (one month before me) in under a week. Both permits were applied for and granted in Wellington.

OUr permits are being processed in Hamilton, and the woman on the counter was very thorough, she sent us away and told me I had to write our "love story" as part of my application for partner visa, this was not very easy to do, writing about our personal relationship to a perfect stranger, how we met, what we do, what makes us who we are, and why we are happy. Everything I thought about writing sounded so corny!!!

Cath XX