Thread: A good butchers in Dunedin please.

Default A good butchers in Dunedin please.

Does anyone know of a good butchers in Dunedin,especially near to me in Waverley.
    Thanks alot
    Helen

Are you looking for someone who sells mainly meat or more smallgoods kind of things?

There is a butcher on Forbury Road, Corner Bayview, I think they are local and the (rare) times i bought something there I thought it was good, they are very nice as well.

Apart from that, New World in town (not so close to Waverly, I know) has a pretty good meat department, they sell very nice European style ham and salami as well, they even know how to slice it in very fine slices.

Thanks yes I was just looking for meat really,I will try the butchers on forbury road as its not too far at all also New world.I do find meat expensive here do you have any tips ? or can you suggest whats best to buy.
    Many thanks
    Helen

I am afraid I haven't got any good tips, I usually tried to buy what was on offer, but I have not realized a big difference between the prices in Dunedin and Blenheim.
    And, compared to the meat prices we were used in Germany, i still find meat quite cheap

I guess the butcher is more expensive, which has to do with the amount of meat he buys/ sells, I suppose?!

Although I am almost afraid to admit it...., I used to shop a lot at Pak'n Save, while we lived in Dunedin, I still think that they have lots of things for very good prices (especially basic goods) and I really found their meat department not too bad at all!

Thanks I have been to pak and save too its just finding the best places I'm getting there though,

Britzy,

Leckies is the one on corner of Forbury Rd/Bay View. There's also some good meat (including organic) available at the Farmers Market.