Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: State of beds on trade me!!!

Default State of beds on trade me!!!

I've been wandering around trade me, and I cannot believe the state of some of the beds people are trying to sell. I would have been embarrassed to put them out for the rubbish!!!!

Cath XX

my favourite things on trade me are the half started 'projects' ie knackered old bits of junk someone thought they could 'do up' and then gave up in despair and want some other sucker to take it off them

HAha- my first trip to a NZ tip (sorry, I've forgotten the NZ term for them- something like recycling) had me slightly speechless (no mean feat). I arrived with a tatty old good for nothing clothes airer and a few other similar bits- a broken plastic linen basket if I recall correctly- and no sooner had I popped the boot (trunk) then I was surrounded by people clamouring for my junk as if I've rocked up with a car load of Ikea seconds. I had to lie down for a while afterwards and it became quite a (probably unacceptable) joke between my husband and I that we could put anything out on the kerb with a 'free' sign and it would be carted away befere we'd shut the front door.

Oh yes, the second hand market is alive and kicking in NZ.

You want to see the streets swarming with trucks and vans and yutes when it's inorganic collection time! We had one recently and for about a week the traffic increase was phenomenal. As for some of the stuff people were picking up, it does make you wonder hwat their gardens and sheds and garages look like

Quote Originally Posted by 925dancer View Post
    You want to see the streets swarming with trucks and vans and yutes when it's inorganic collection time! We had one recently and for about a week the traffic increase was phenomenal. As for some of the stuff people were picking up, it does make you wonder hwat their gardens and sheds and garages look like
    At the time I couldn't help but wonder how much was going to end up on trademe - and from what Cath has posted I am probably not far of the mark. We had the same MPV's up and down the road a couple of times a day during inorganic week.......still, atleast it's less for the official crew to have to dispose of. I just wish the rummagers would leave the pile neat and tidy instead of looking like travellers had just moved on

Here's a current example: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living...-231496443.htm
    Last edited by YouMeAndThree; 23rd July 2009 at 11:32 PM.

That sofa is just too much, surely no one would pay to have that in their house? Even in their shed!!!

Cath XX

Quote Originally Posted by YouMeAndThree View Post
    At the time I couldn't help but wonder how much was going to end up on trademe - and from what Cath has posted I am probably not far of the mark. We had the same MPV's up and down the road a couple of times a day during inorganic week.......still, atleast it's less for the official crew to have to dispose of. I just wish the rummagers would leave the pile neat and tidy instead of looking like travellers had just moved on

Here's a current example: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living...-231496443.htm
    PMSL! I love that auction- especially how they use a sheet to illustrate how it can look fine covered but take care to make it clear the cover is not included. I wonder how much they get for it?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living...-231556119.htm Why even go to the bother of taking pictures, let alone spending time creating an ad........... I will stop now, because I'll just get sucked into finding the worst of the worst on trademe.

Ha ha ha - I often browse through trade me sofas of an evening just for the entertainment value. That one's a classic.

Haha- I can't rep you again YMAT, but wanted to thank you for making my husband and I laugh!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast