Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 bed flats fully furn

Default 2 bed flats fully furn

Can anyone give me an idea on the av rent for a 2 bed flat fully furn where they are. We will be going all over the place for the first few weeks seeing what different towns/cities have to offer. The main ones we are looking at are:
    Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Nelson, New Plym, and Tauranga
    Many thanks in advance

think furnished flats are few and far between though

hi,

I have just been scouting a 2 bed full furnished for a couple and I have about 20 owners now in my address book who were willing to let them on a short term basis (got them out the paper..no real estate agents..they are useless)

They ranged from $200 - $350 a week in chch. This was 1 , 2 and 3 beds. Everything including linen etc.

The average for a 2 bedder was $270-300. Some included power and phone which is what you really want..less hassle.

The Press is your best source for chch properties. Wed and saturdays addition.

Hope this gives you an idea of price.
    Each addition there are usually about 10 f/f places for rent..and about 200 unfurnished...Veronica is right..not that many.

Nicky

Thanks alot for that info Nicky!

Originally from Malaysia, in Wellington since May 2005

Hi Nicky,

What is short term basis? Can I rent one for a month?

I am planning on going over to Chch to look for work. Staying in a hotel or a motel for a month is going to cost me quite a bit. Would getting a studio apartment for rent for say a month be workable?

Thanks,

Hi,

The people I deal with will let you have it for a month no probs.
    The holiday home web sites, usually let you rent from a night plus but they are about $100 a night, same as a motel. (the cheapest I have got it was $58 a night but that was winter and that was a 7 day plus stay...)

If you let me know when I can always see who is available at that time..just email me at nicmills@free.net.nz (rental would be about $270-$300 for a 2 bedder...)

and we can chat!
    Nicky

If you're going to be travelling around for a bit, try staying in a cabin on a camp site. That's what we did and the price varied from $35 per night in New Plymouth, to $50 per night in Wellington, and you can either buy your own bedding ($30 for a duvet from the Warehouse!) or rent all your bedding/pillows for about $5 per night. OK, it's more expensive than renting, but it's less than motels/hotels end even backpackers, and it avoids the hassle of having to turn up somewhere, find a decent (furnished ??) rental, paying your bond, staying for a month and then handing in you notice before starting it all again in the next place. It depends on how long you're planning to stay somewhere I suppose, but we ended up staying in the campsite in Welly for just under 2 weeks and it was pretty confortable - they even gave us a larger cabin and we got quite friendly with the staff etc. Quite a good way to get a lot of useful local knowledge too.

Just a thought - it worked for us!

Cheers,

Jodie

Originally from Malaysia, in Wellington since May 2005

Nicky,

I will email you shortly...

Jodie,

Do you know of any website where I can find cabin?

I am not sure at this stage if I will be in one place or moving around. Just the hotel/motel charges per night of NZ$85 - NZ$100 seems quite a bit when they add up!

Cheers,

Hi Shagen,

Pick up a copy of the Lonely Planet or Rough Guide to New Zealand - most of the campsites in every area are listed in each section, and it also gives a guide to how many cabins they have available and the prices. We used the Rough Guide when we were here last, and the Lonely Planet this time and they were both good.

In fact, the Lonely Planet lives in the glove box of my car - very useful if you want info about an area you're visiting or travelling through, or want ideas of where to visit while you're there etc. It's got maps of the areas too which always come in handy!

Cheers,

Jodie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast