Thread: Avondale College Vs Manurewa High School

Default Avondale College Vs Manurewa High School

Hi,
    Im meant to be meeting with the HOD for both these schools hopefully soon however i just wondered if anyone had any information about these schools. Which is the best....From Wikipedia; Manurewa high has a socio-decile of 2 and Avondale College has 4. Are these important really? Will the kids at Manurewa be pretty tough do you think?
    Thanks,
    Louise

Also, i meant to ask, what about the areas? they both seem equally distant from Auckland and if i went to Avondale College ive heard of people living at Titirangi/Laingholm...suppose the same would go for Manurewa High, id live a little further out possibly. What are these areas like? Which is the nicest maybe?
    Thanks!

My Kiwi nearest and dearest have lived in and around Titirangi for the last 8 - 9 years. Like everywhere, if it has what you happen to like, it's great, and I've loved it too, on my visits. Obviously, if you live away from where you work, you've got to factor in the travelling time and effort, but lots of people do go into the CBD and other parts from Titirangi, and there's a bus service. Google Auckland public transport and you'll see what's available. Also, use Google StreetView, and you can have a good look round.

Have you compared the ERO reports for the two schools?
    http://www.ero.govt.nz/ero/publishin...tent/Home+Page

Options for living would be far more preferable out West at Titirangi, Green Bay etc However Manurewa is not all bad, the parts on the Eastern side of the Motorway, by the Botanical Gardens, Totara Heights are really nice and only wee way towards Alfriston College is very green and semi-rural.

I work at Manurewa High as a Teacher Aide. Two of my kids go there too.

It is a very big School ,over 2000 students.

I live in Wattle Cove which is about 10 minutes drive to the School ,there are some nice areas and some very bad areas around also.

Which department are you wanting to work in ? There are Teachers from all over the world teaching there.

Marie.

Technology! How're the kids at Manurewa? Do your children enjoy it?
    Thanks