Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Original Documents

Default Original Documents

How long do they keep them? Do they keep the copies and post back the originals straight away?

they keep all of our original documents and only returned them when they sent the passports back with the blue stickers.
    we requested all our passports back earlier as we were going on holiday, and then when the PR was granted we posted them back.
    Hope it goes well for you.

This is NZQA, not NZIS.

Thanks anyway.

NZQA keeps the original documents until they have "closed the application"

They send the originals back with the final evaluation.

Ar$e

Actually you can ask them to send it back earlier if they take too long. My assesment took about a year and at some point I got fed up and complained. After my second or third complaint they sent my original papers back and only about two months afterwards the assesment was finalised.

Hi

Actually, I have some queries below
    1) Whether to go NZQA fast track or standard. Because I have to apply ITA within date.
    I have asked local NZ immi branch, since Qualifications policy changed after EOI Selection, I have to do NZQA for me and my partner.

Whether ITA application could be lodged with evidence of NZQA assessment and submit NZQA-IQA report later. I asked local NZ immi branch, they said, to apply with evidence of NZQA Assessment. Evidence means- do NZQA send email acknowledgement of receiving and informing file reference number and or also send a hard copy of acknowledgement?. Whether email print out of acknowledgement is OK to Submit the ITA if hard copy takes time?

Secondly. Is it compulsory to send original documents for IQA from overseas also. is it ok and reliable.

EOI - Selected-4th Nov
    EOI decision- 13th Nov
    ITA Received - 27Nov

I don't know an answer for you, but hello and welcome.

Has absolultely to be originals, not even witnessed copies. And depends on your courier service, without being a broken record I was very worried about this, paid an absolute fortune for courier, and they still lost all my originals for the best part of a month.

As for timescales, you need to pay the premium or get the NZQA in early. If the premium fails to return oin teh timescale oyu need for the ITA then you may get a sympathetic CO who will allow you to send the NZQA assessment after the rest of the ITA is lodged, but you must show you've done everything you can to get the assessment in time. The ITA 'window' is 4 months, so even the slow way should be in plenty of time.

Hi All,
    Thanks for you quick reply...

My EOI was Approved and 'Decision Succesful' on 13thNov. At the time my and my spouse's qualifications were not required to do NZQA, because they were on the 'Qualififactions Exempts List' and Filled the EOI Form straight way without a PAR.

Now we are on way to appy ITA, amidst came the new policy changes for Qualifications Assessment following 30th Nov2009. Our Qualiications follows within 'Effective Dates' of degrees Awarded in new policy doc. We are confused as whether to go for NZQA or not..
    This is because when we called NZIS in NZ -

1)First person, after taking details, told that NZQA is required for both.
    2)Since the telephone line diconnected, I again called NZIS in NZ - some other person on the line said - You both Do not require NZQA, because the EOI is already approved before policy change.
    3) To again confirm to the surprise....I wrote an email to Local Branch office and got the reply as -> you both require to do NZQA to be able to lodge ITA and can lodge ITA with acknowledge of NZQA asessment and submit detail report later.
    4) So I Called NZIS (NZ office) to confirm back, A person on phone said that she will email me back...
    5) Meanwhile,I thought not to do Spouse Qualifications assessments. So to ask how this can effect the already approved EOI of mine, My spouse called NZIS(NZ office). At that time, the person on the call, took the details and said that -> Since your EOI was approved before policy change, so you both do not require to do NZQA.

Now Iam really confused...Parallely Im preparing for NZQA, I thought to go for fast track for me and Standard way for spouse assessment....but since the above NZQA matter is putting me in confusion, I dont know what to do....At this time Iam thinking to Apply for the Standard NZQA for both of us instead fast track to save on money.

Now I dont know whether this EOI to ITA lodgement is without a NZQA or with NZQA.

However, I am thinking to call again and this time I will say them to send a confirm letter or email on above matter, which will also apply to CO as well during the ITA assessment.

Any advise suggestions...please help

---------------------------------------------------------
    Secondly, I need some suggestion on Police certificate or Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).
    since 8 months, Iam living in another country for company work and my spouse joined me since 3 months back only...According to Police certificate policy document..
    A person lived for a period of 12months or more in a country should get a Police certificate from that country plus one from country of citizen if lived there.

Iam thinking that in my case a police certificate would not be required from here(another country) where I am living right now, since I completed 8 months only and spouse completed 3 months only. I have only applied for PCC in my home country where i lived.

I wrote an email to local NZ branch, got reply ->
    "You and your spouse will required PCC from there too"........here Iam surprised

Any suggestion/Advice on above query, please help
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast