Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for contact lens wearers

Default A question for contact lens wearers

I currently pay UKú28 for 30 pairs of daily disposable contact lenses (-9.50 and -10.5).

Is there anyone who can let me know how much 30 pairs would be in NZ?

Many thanks

Mamee

I order my lenses from this company - great service, overnight delivery, competitive pricing: www.lensesonline.co.nz/

I currently use Daysoft, http://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/ they are dirt cheap and do the job. They also deliver to NZ!

Thanks for this Vanessa. It is the Daysoft I wear. I always wondered why my optician had not charged me for fitting, now I know! I could save ú14 every time I ordered if I ordered on line!! In the three sets he's supplied me he has probably covered his costs!!

Capuccino I will have a look at the NZ site too, but chances are I will ensure that the daysoft are OK before I head out and get a six month supply on line before leaving. Then find an optician out there once I get there. My basic problem is often that more popular makes don't make lenses strong enough so I need to be quite careful.

Mamee

I also buy online from lenses online, and have just spent $99 on 6 pairs of fortnightly disposables (which will last me 3-4 months) and a job lot of solutions. I can't remember exactly how much I used to pay in the UK, but I think that compares fairly well. Buying online is really easy now you don't have to supply a prescription, but I do make sure I have at least annual 'eye health' check ups as well as sight tests.

i use a rigid gas permeable lens so don't know the prices of the soft lenses, but do bear in mind the 100ml rule when flying and make sure you don't have a big bottle of solution in your bag, i found some travel packs at a chemist!

I am so shocked by the price - it is unbelievably cheap. I just bought daily lenses, 2 boxes of 30 and I have payed 50 euros. And it is cheap here,...

Quote Originally Posted by frootbat View Post
    Buying online is really easy now you don't have to supply a prescription
    Is this an NZ thing or something I've missed in the UK? Last time I looked they all asked for a recent prescription or a referral to the chain optician.

I use contacts2go and buy 90 pairs of focus dailies, which cost me about $190 I think the last time. I think I paid GBP22 for 30 pairs when I lived in the UK and that was from specsavers.

Do we need a prescription in NZ? How much is a contact lens exam?

I mean, I know my prescription (I have worn contacts for 25 years and the prescription hasn't changed in 15 years) so it is silly to make me pay for a new exam every year (in the US).

Who can we order from NZ without getting a new prescription?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast