Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nzqa full assessment: identity document?

Default nzqa full assessment: identity document?

Hi
    I am doing the online International Qualification Assessment Application.

The pdf guide says it "requires original documents for all quals gained in all countries, and for all your work experience."

It doesn't say it requires any identity documents.

There is a space to add them however. it says:

Identity Documents (For example marriage certificate, deed poll certificate)

so are Identity Documents required only for people whose name has changed since they were born?

That's my understanding. Did you read the PDF guide that accompanies the online form. About a 30 page booklet that goes through each question and all the docs required.

Hi Geekpie,

You MUST submit identity documents.

1. Certificate of Birth (if the original document is not in English, then both Original and a certified translated copy).
    2. Certified copy of your passport.

No it's not limited only for people whose name has changed since they were born. You have to submit the above documents.

Good Luck.
    /Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Hi Geekpie,

You MUST submit identity documents.

1. Certificate of Birth (if the original document is not in English, then both Original and a certified translated copy).
    2. Certified copy of your passport.

No it's not limited only for people whose name has changed since they were born. You have to submit the above documents.

Good Luck.
    /Beetle
    We just had a full NZQA assessment done, and no identity documents were required. They are required only if the person has changed his/her name, and in that case a notarised copy of a marriage certificate, a passport or a deed poll are accepted (page 4 of the PDF). The guide does mention the identity documents but only in connection with previously needed names and mentions that they should be included "if applicable".

Beetle, I guess you meant the ITA, where both the birth certificate and the passport (or a certified copy) are needed.

Hi Mgee,

Thank you for commenting on my post. Then I might be wrong. I strongly believed it's mandatory to submit the identity documents.

Thank you.
    /Beetle

My reading of the form is as above, ie only required for those whose qualification was in a previous name (normally a female gaining her degree before marriage).

ok thanks for the replies.

Ok found it. This was the thread I was looking for. Now I realize why it is important to post matter in appropriate threads. Since this heading said it all, it wasn't that hard to locate.

So what I conclude from this is that I do not have to send in any identity documents with my IQA applications whether copies or certified whatsoever as they are all in my same name. Please comment.

Hmmm but this is strange. It won't let me uncheck identity document. It says that at least one identity document is required in the IQA form.

Does anyone know if a driving license is acceptable? I have an Australian driving license which I barely use. So I could send that in original instead of the hassle of going to a notary and getting it certified. If they lose the license, it will be only 10 dollars to issue a new one. I think this might be worth it.

Any advice?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast