Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Partnership based Work permit - 2 Year max?

Default Partnership based Work permit - 2 Year max?

Hi there...

I was wondering if any of you fine people could inform me whether it is possible to get a partnership based work permit for longer than two years?

It says on the Immigration website that a Work Permit for a maximum of two years will be granted but I was told my the rather dim looking fellow behind the counter at the Manukau immigration office that I could re-apply for a third year as long as I do it before my current permit expires. (Just dont know how trust worthy he is)

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Scharl

I don't know an answer for you about getting an extension to the work permit, but it sounds as though you would certainly be eligible for residency under the partnership category.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi
    Im not sure about the work permit but i have just got my visa through the partnership policy which entitles you to work, the returning residents visa that has been issued with it is valid for 2 years but once that two years is up you can apply for the indefinite returning residents visa which is where you just have to show that you are committed to life in New Zealand

Thanks for the replies.

I submitted my PR applicatin together with a Work permit Application because knowing my luck it will take them forever to process my PR application.

Add to that the fact that I had a serious binge drinking session with my mates two nights before my medical (Im not usually much of a drinker) resulting in an ALT liver enzyme test of 52

Oh... how useful 20/20 hindsight would be two days in advance!

Other than that Im fit as a fiddle so bring on the MA and obligatory tests (as long as they dont stop me from working and grant my work permit!)

Cheers

Scharl

Surely your PR won't take 2 years to be approved?! Even if you apply in NZ it shouldn't take that long - my OH's took about 8 months, including a referral to the MA. So as long as you get your work permit there shouldn't be any problem staying in NZ while the PR application is processed

Just a quick update on the above...

I was granted a second two year work permit whist my PR application is being processed... So it is possible!

The interesting thing is that Immigration needed to give me the new interim visa in order for there to be enogh time for them to process my wok permit application which i needed in order for there to be enough time for them to process my PR application

So in summary... as long as you keep giving immigration money, they should be able to find some sort of permit that will allow you stay in NZ that little extra bit longer

my work permit was granted for 2 years and 1 week, so i think that maximum may not be correct.

Whoooohooo

I just got my passport back with the blue stickers... Minus $300 hundred dollars for the migrant levy but I'm used to having to prices rediculous rates already so not too bad.

I must say, looking back on the process it was easier than I expected it to be (with my dodgy liver and all)!

Goodluck to everyone else out there

How long did it take you to get the visa under partnership policy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast