Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South African Police Clearance Certificates

Thumbs up South African Police Clearance Certificates

Hi

I thought I would update u all with my news

I got tired of just waiting (28 days so far)
    So I phoned the South African Office myself to find out how long it would take and landed up speaking to a very helpful man who said if I sent him an email explaing that we needed the Clearance Certficates quickly for work purposes he would get the lady dealing with it to clear it within the next day or 2 and I should have it in the next 10 working days thereafter.

Wow !!! when I made the call I really did not know if it would help or hinder or cause but hopefully it has helped.

So maybe we are 1 step closer

Cheers for now
    Zelda

P.S
    I have the name and email address of the helpful man if any south African are having problems with their Clearance Certificates if u P.M. I will give u the details

We used the services of a private guy that the SA Home Office in London recommended. Very fast and efficient.

We have just recieved ours back.

They took 9 weeks (including using the postal service back and forth) without me chasing them.

I did not find the phone service useful when I was checking that SAPS had recieved the documents - however I got a reply by email the following day when I emailed them.
    I have heard others say that if you can show a copy of the letter from your case officer requesting the PCC then they will prioritise them.

Talking

Hi

Well my applications is on day 21 "Working Days" today and I was told to phone and check weather they ha come back from the scanning section yet.

Well I phoned and I got some very good news our Finger Prints had just come back and the lady who deals with certification attachments was working on the the day before ours and so our Documents can be collected on
    Monday

They should be with us here latest by Thursday and then we can send them off to Immigration.

I am really so happy

Hopefully that is it for Immigration Hurdles

Cheers for now.
    Zelda

I have applied for SA police certificates three times in the past (once for a USA application, once for our NZ work-to-residence visa and once just before we left SA in Jan this year - I wanted to be prepared for our PR application). First time was OK, we got them within about six weeks. The second time was a complete nightmare: they took forever to be issued, then arrived with one missing, then got re-issued and lost again, finally they arrived and a few weeks later, one of the missing ones also arrived. It was terrible!!! The third time just took long - about eight weeks from application to issue - and unfortunately they have expired now. :-(

I am about to send off to SA for new certificates to accompany our ITA which must be in by end of December. Am using Postnet in Pretoria to hand deliver the application, collect it and then courier it out to me in Wellington - but in the light of my previous experiences, I am not holding my breath for a smooth or speedy return!!

Hi Elleann

When I phoned they said that if I could send them a letter from my OH's employer to say when he was due to start working they could send it through quicker.

If you could write a cover note explaing why u need it quickly then maybe they will try and get it through easier and quicker.

I used pester power and phoned them almost every other day and maybe my nagging got them to do it quicker .

I wish u Luck in getting it back quickly

Cheers
    Zelda

Need help with recommendations for someone reliable, based in the UK to assist with sorting South African Police Certificates.

Welcome to the forum.

I hope somebody will have the info to help you.

Hi kenL50

We have used a company called DKP Investigations. We sent the paperwork to an office in the U.K. and then they get it to their S.A. branch, who take it and collect it from the Police Clearance office.

http://www.dkpinvestigations.com/pol...e_certificates

I hope I have done this link thing ok

If u need any other help just ask

cheers
    Zelda

Hi

I don't think they operate from inside the UK (but I don't know) but just for info there is also bunnyhop http://www.bunnyhop.co.za/ I think they may be more expensive than some but offer a range of services.
    We did it ourselves but I have heard good reports of DKP Investigations and Bunnyhop mentioned previously in other forums.

Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast