Thread: Immunizations

Default Immunizations

Another silly question - We don't remember when we got any of the immunizations required in the Medical certificate. Our doctor put "doesn't remember dates" on the form. Will that pass? (I'm pretty sure US kids have to get all of those in order to attend school so I assume I've already had them. Anyone else know?)

Forgive me; I'm going crazy trying to make sure I have all the paperwork in order!
    (Maybe it's the coyotes I hear baying outside my back fence.)

RoadRunner

Hi again.. I've whipped out my Med Forms hoping I can help out..

Against immunisations our doc has written "Childhood" under all but the Hep B one.

I remember at the time worrying that I didn't know the dates and he said that in the majority of forms he filled in not many have their immunisation dates.

Since then my mother has dug out all my old vaccination booklets from when I was a child - that was the point where I found out that the tooth fairy doesn't exist cos she's also kept all my teeth :? in a box with the booklets :

Moorf,
    that was the point where I found out that the tooth fairy doesn't exist cos she's also kept all my teeth Hmmm in a box with the booklets
    HA!

Ah, I needed a good laugh (hmm, maybe a nice glass of wine would calm me down, too!).

Thanks for answering! If I get a chance to chat with our friendly US marketing reps, I'll verify it's okay with them. If I hear otherwise, I'll post back here.

Have a good evening.
    RoadRunner

I don't think the "Don't remember" will be as bad coming from a yank in the US as opposed to, say Zambia. Since we in the US have a planned immunization schedule for our childhood immunizations, a reasonable person can assume that in the US, UK,etc a child will receive the typical MMR (measels, mumps, rubella), diptheria, teatnus shots without having to remember exact dates. Of course I know all my dates as I was shot up with EVERYTHING when I joined the Navy.

MY WIFE IS MAKING ME POST THIS QUESTION! ops:

So is there any way of getting out of a HEP B shot? We have all the other shots and my wife is afraid of needles. Oh yeah, in case it matters, we are coming from the U.S.

I want to get the process started, but she made me ask before she'll let us get the shot.