Page 1 of 105 123 ... LastLast

Thread: THings I have done today to get to New Zealand

Default THings I have done today to get to New Zealand

I remembered this thread title from a while back and though that this might be appropriate now to remind myself that the process is continuing, even though it is in small steps...but the alst 24 hours have been good!

- Arranged for an Estate Agent to come out and check the property over and give a quote for their selling fees
    - Arranged with Golden Arrow for the shipment of the dog and cat at some point to be arranged int he future
    - DH applied for a job on Trade Me
    - Received my financial health questionnaire to complete to get financial planning underway!

Anyone else done things today that they want to celebrate??

Great job!!! Sounds like you are doing well.

Today I have...packed!!! I have been packing non-stop for the last week or so. We close on our house tomorrow and will be out by Friday...so LOTS of packing going on. Things are pretty crazy right now, but we're doing our best to enjoy the process. We still have a few things to work out and arrange for shipping, but we are getting there. Fortunately for us, we have sold all but one piece of furniture, so we don't have anything big to move...just lots of boxes! I can't believe we'll be leaving in a month.

Things I've not done today:-
    Bought expo tickets for Saturday.
    Filled in Medical form ahead of Friday
    Printed passport photos ahead of for Medical form / police form
    Asked for copies of hospital letters ahead of medical.

I really need to pull my finger out. Well done to you lot though.

Finally sent off the police check forms today. Things are definitely falling into place.

Well I collected my medical forms from the Medical Practice, luckily only 2 mins down the road from my house, all seems ok now just waiting for EWRB to pull their finger out and send DH city and guilds forms back.............................................. .....................................still waiting 4 weeks ago and counting....

I ordered a load of $$ in preparation for the forthcoming holiday/reccie . I know it's not in the same league as applications for PR/selling the house/packing all your worldly possessions, but I am happy that, one week on Saturday, I shall take off into the blue skies and head south for a short while.

O/H is frantically researching "colossal squid" as it is his wish to go and gaze on the specimen in Te Papa (if it keeps him happy.......).

P

Parsley, Te Papa is great. If you've not already got any accomodation booked, then the Museum Hotel right opposite is absolutely superb.

I made a list of all the debit orders that I need to cancel,
    I am always applying for jobs for my OH on trade me and seek ,
    I emailed my CO to find out about the Nov interviews and status of my medical and OH character waiver,
    I started a list of interview questions and possible answers...

Ok, medical form done. Shamed by this thread (and also by finding a spare hour this AM after getting to the gym and realising I'd not taken my shorts). Actually way shorter than I thought, although my perception of being generally pretty healthy has been changed in light of seeing a full list of how many times I've been to hopsital in my life.

A round of applause for us all.

I am currently in a flat spin as another Estate Agent rang last night after 5pm and said that he would come out to give us a quote for services at 11.30am and my OH said yes. Having had a virus for a couple of days, work piled round my ears and my house looking like the wreck of the hesperus! OH was out last night and I was only fit for my bed...so now I am sitting in my office shuffling papers trying to make it look tidy..but it is an NZ step!

Page 1 of 105 123 ... LastLast