Thread: speeding Ticket and Demerit Points

Default speeding Ticket and Demerit Points

I received a speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago from a very polite and friendly policeman and I'm driving on an european licence, does anyone know will i receive demerit points? If not is this the only reason for holding on to a foreign licence for the 12 months?

David

pretty sure it gets "banked" and when you get your NZ license, the points appear!

They said I would, but when I got my NZ licence, no points appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    pretty sure it gets "banked" and when you get your NZ license, the points appear!
    I concur .

When they send you your shiny new NZ licence there is a document with it reminding you of how many points you have accrued!

i got one whilst using my british licence when we first moved here and the paperwork was sent to my old address in the uk, which was forwarded on to us here by our daughter where our mail had been redirected to. Paid the fine no demerit points when i got my NZ licence.

I got 2 (blush) before my NZ licence. Still no points. I'm a reformed person now BTW.

The original question was about been stopped by a police officer & being given a ticket , which should result in a fine & demerit points.

Just wanted to add that if you get an Infringement Notice through the post from a speed camera , there is just a fine & no demerit points.

Oh and be EXTRA cautious on Public Holidays cos the police are everywhere on those days. At least its not as bad as in Aussie where they give you double demerit points on Public Holidays!