Thread: Bonus Bonds

Default Bonus Bonds

Well i got all excited today i got a letter after 3.5 years saying i had won !! Couldnt wait to get to the monetary figute Heart was going like the clappers Won $20 oh well at least i know there in the system now

lol.. i hate it when that happens! a few weeks ago we had a huge euro millions lottery jackpot over here.. the following day i got an email which said "we have exciting news about your ticket!".. i was picturing a few grand.. or maybe i could see 100 quid being pretty exciting.. it'd certainly be nice.

turned out the "exciting news" was that i'd won £7.50. grrr... ah well, enough for a couple of pints i guess

You're both doing really WELL. Somebody bought a premium bond for me when I was a little girl (back when Premum Bonds were exciting and new), and I've never won a THING. Come on, somebody - what would £1 be worth if they'd stuck it on deposit then instead?

I kow what you mean ny grandad bought me one in the 60,s and its never won a thing !!! Now wouldnt that be a nice surprise in the post from england if the posties are still delivering i heard there going on strike just my luck

Now don't knock the premium bonds I've had 3 £25 wins since they changed the prizes (and I dont have that many bonds!) Better than what I'm getting in any UK account at the moment!!!

Have also bought some bonus bonds here - I prefer that to frittering it away on the lottery!

never won a penny on my premium bonds thus far - CJ has also had PB's since he was little and not a saudsage... *sigh* we did win "a free ticket" on the lotto here

toying with bonus bonds but it means being organised enough to take my passport to the post shop! (and that reminds me about a thread I wanted to start...)

Does anyone worry about Bonus Bonds not being 100% safe? I was thinking of putting the kids money into them but a bit scared they may go belly up & I'd get nothing back unlike Premium Bonds that are backed by the government & are 100% secure