Thread: Shipping boxes from the Netherlands?

Default Shipping boxes from the Netherlands?

Asking on behalf of a friend. They are probably wanting to do a groupage shipment/ a few boxes. Depending on price they may end up doing excess baggage on the plane.
    I haven't any idea on what companies operate over there and a search of the forum has turned up nothing much helpful. I know there are some members from that general area, so I thought I'd ask.
    They are in Spijkenisse near Rotterdam and don't have a car, so pick ups are also a plus.
    She doesn't speak much dutch and she is making the majority of the relocation arrangements, so any companies with people who speak English?

a google brings up a redirecting website - this page lists links to companies for netherlands - nz, if its any help:
    international movers list
    (if that doesn't work just edit to go to the main webpage and do the search again)

In my experience (I'm Dutch ), most companies would be able to help out in English as it's taught in school in The Netherlands so most people have at least a rudimentary understanding of it.

Three options I can suggest:

• There is a small Dutch emigration forum of sorts (hope it's okay to post the link here ?) where people sometimes request or offer space in a joint container. Posting in English would not be a problem.

• Sending boxes of up to 20 kgs. by post is also a possibility. Not cheap (EUR 104,10/equivalent to NZ$ 208.95 for a box of 10 - 20 kgs. at todays' exchange rate), but we found it a very easy and convenient option for our excess bagage when we left and I do believe it's cheaper than excess bagage rates airlines tend to charge.

More information on this service (unfortunately in Dutch, but perhaps she can find someone to translate, otherwise I would suggest calling the local Post Office for more info, I'm sure there'll be someone available who can help out in English) can be found here on the Postal website.

Packages can also be picked up from home fairly easily, all can be arranged through the Internet. More information about this service (again in Dutch) can be found here on the Postal website.

• Also, I know there are companies who handle excess bagage. One of them is Worldwide Bagage and Packages and they actually do have an English section on their website ! Just from making a quick calculation though, the costs seem to be a bit higher than sending it by post. I have no personal experience with this company so can't really say if it's any good or not.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers,
    Silver
    Last edited by Silverwing86; 19th October 2009 at 06:08 PM.