Thread: medical forms - which colour pen?

Default medical forms - which colour pen?

The Dr and Radiologist seem to take delight in signing in blue pen when it states on the form it should be done in black
    should I insist?
    or will blue do? - as the medical staff keep telling me

I think they will probably let it through if its just the signatures - I think the reason for insisting on black is so that it shows up properly on photocopies and scans - so as long as it is dark blue it should be alright anyway - but then I'm not an NZIS employee so I can't guarantee that

A Justice of the Peace in New Zealand was certifying some photocopies of original documents that we had shown him with a blue pen - I said STOP - you must use a black pen according to forms - he wasn't too happy, so I ended up lending him my black pen. I am pretty certain it is to do with photocopying when they arrive in Immigration New Zealand. I have noticed that lots of official forms say please complete with a black pen. Why is it that whenever it says this - I can never find one?

I agree with the whole black pen, blue pen being slightly confusing.

When I worked in the NHS, we always had to document anything with a black pen.

This was to do with photocopying, scanning, and policy said that any legal document must be filled in using black ink.

Since being over in NZ working at one of the District Health Boards, I always get my trusty black pen out but other nurses use blue or black and insist it doesn't matter what colour the pen is in this country on documentation.

I have not seen anything in black or white (or blue or white) to confirm what is right or wrong.

I offered the radiologist my black pen and was told very firmly to put it away as it wasn't needed...
    have noticed that 1 signature is in blue (one who actually took xray) and the person who checked is in black - all ticks are in black
    Will ask Dr very nicely to go over in black pen as his is all in blue
    will let you know blue/black outcomes