Thread: Doctors for medicals in Vancouver?

Default Doctors for medicals in Vancouver?

Can you anyone recommend a doctor for immigration medicals in Vancouver, BC?

For anyone else looking for this information I used Dr. Csizak
    http://www.citycentreclinic.ca/

it was about $350/person incl x-rays and lab work, which are all done in the same building. Takes about 2-3hrs

Ok, I take this back, I absolutely do NOT recommend this doctor. He didn't have the lab do all of the blood and liver tests that we need. My husband only got 2 of the liver tests, and neither of us have fasting glucose or fasting lipid.
    The only reason I have all of the liver tests is I happened to have the NZ Handbook for Medical Examiners with me to show the lab what the required tests are when the clerk didn't know.

When I called the doctor about it, the receptionist just kept insisting that he had everything done we needed and if they need more they will ask. I am paying the doctor money to do the tests so that we have everything needed, not part of it. I want this process to go quicker, not slower.

This doctor even advertises that he does NZ immigration medicals. When we went in he hadn't seen the current forms because apparently they have changed in the last few years, so maybe the blood/liver tests requested have changed, but when he advertises doing NZ medicals I trust he knows all of the tests needed. Which means now paying to get these other tests done, but the lab fee seems to be the same regardless of the number of tests [my husband's lab fee was the same as mine even though they did less tests for him]

For the record, we used this doctor last year - down on Burrard St. Had no problems.

Caniwi

Immi site says to used any certified doctor so I'm using my family doctor. Don't forsee any problems with this. Don't want to have to go to Van if I don't have to.

Kristina

Caniwi: Were you missing any of the tests that are listed as required for blood or liver?

Hi everyone, I'm applying for a working holiday visa, and need to get an "X-Ray Certificate for temporary entry" since I was born in Mexico. I'm wondering if any of you know if I have to get a referral from a doctor to get the x-ray done.
    I don't need a medical or blood tests, just the chest x-ray and the forms completed by the Radiologist and I don't want to spend any more money than I have to.
    Any advise would help! Thanks