Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Applying for jobs and EOIs

Question Applying for jobs and EOIs

Hi all,

my husband and I are both studying to be primary school teachers and are seriously considering a move to NZ when we qualify (june). What order do you think that we should do this thing in!?! Should we apply for jobs and get our qualifications registered then if we get a job do the EOI, so we have more points (well one of us). Do we have to take the jobs we get offered or is it just to show that we are employable?

Thanks!

Nat

If it is similar to the nursing field, which I imagine it will be, then I got my PR based on the points from the EOI which included points for a Job offer. One of the conditions on my PR is that I am employed for 3 months in the job for which I based my PR visa application on. After the 3 months you have to send your passport off with a letter from your employer to say that you have worked for 3 months. Then in theory if you wanted to change jobs you can. Hope this helps!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

There are quite a few teacher members of the forum who will be able to tell you what order they tackled things.

In the meantime, here http://www.teacherscouncil.govt.nz/r...y/overseas.stm is a very relevant page from the NZTC website, to give you something to think about.

Thank you both very much, if NZ is as welcoming as this forum- woop!

Thumbs up Good luck!

Hi there, just want to wish you and OH the very best in your application!

Quote Originally Posted by natcat86 View Post
    Thank you both very much, if NZ is as welcoming as this forum- woop!

Hello and welcome to the forum
    check the details but if memory serves me right PrimaryTeachers need 2 years experience - happy to be corrected though
    Find the information on the Immediate Skills Shortage List (ISSL) -with all requirements
    I'm sure that someone will be along and make a link to the exact place
    Good luck with all your plans

Thank you. I found the information on the Immediate Skills Shortage List it says recommended 3 years experience not essential so thats something. Also found this http://www.enz.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-24602.html which says you can apply as an NQT.

We spoke about it last night and I think we will apply for work permits first see how it goes then apply for PR whilst over there.

It looks quite conplicated to apply for a job then do the EOI, and keep the job during the application process, surely it will take too long??

Anyroad, thanks for your help!

Nat

It looks quite conplicated to apply for a job then do the EOI, and keep the job during the application process, surely it will take too long??
    Not sure what you mean - surely what will take too long? Or do you mean keep a job offer on hold?

Sorry yes it seems the average application on here from subbmitting eoi to receiving PR is about a year, that seems too long to keep a job offer on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by natcat86 View Post
    Sorry yes it seems the average application on here from subbmitting eoi to receiving PR is about a year, that seems too long to keep a job offer on hold.
    You may be looking at those members who have applied without a job offer.

If you have a job offer then your PR is fast tracked so that the employers don't have to wait for too long. If you have a job offer then it can be as quick as 2 months (even quicker for some) but of course could be much longer depending on your own circumstances.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast