Thread: Help me to pick a date!

Lightbulb Help me to pick a date!

Hello guys, I got the NZ sticker yesterday. Which means I can travel to NZ anytime from now (within 3 months limit tho), My visa is a WTR and it was differed from my PR application, therefore I have 9 months to secure a skilled job.

However, at the moment I am struggling to pick a date Which will be the better time to come to NZ to seek for jobs given my 9 months time limit? Middle of November? Or end of January? Please share some thoughts and advice guys! Thanks!

i'm guessing between now and the end of the year will be bad for job hunting.. the country pretty much shuts down for xmas.. i've heard that during the period of november->late jan companies tend to only be looking for contractors.. having said that, i'm sure it's different for different fields.

Please have a look at the following useful thread.
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....hlight=january

/Beetle

I guess it may also depend very much on your personal situation. If you have the funds for it, it could perhaps be great to use the 'quiet' time on the job market to see a bit of NZ as once work starts, there will be much less opportunity for that ?

Good luck and congratulations on your WTR !

Cheers,
    Silver

Thanks guys