Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptop or not?

Default Laptop or not?

This may be a dumb question to the tech heads but I am happier with a set of spanners than a keyboard. :

As our ancient computer is slowly dying, and we hope to be going to NZ sooner rather than later is it worth us buying a laptop to take with us? Will it blow up the minute we plug it into an NZ socket? It should certainly get used as we hope to complete the sale of house our fairly soon at which point we will have to go live with the outlaws.

Thanks

Iain

We have brought the laptop with us and no it hasn't blown up. If your not a tech head get someone to download or to save on disc all the old stuff from your computor that you want to keep.

Default Re: Laptop or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Iain & Liz
    This may be a dumb question to the tech heads but I am happier with a set of spanners than a keyboard. :

As our ancient computer is slowly dying, and we hope to be going to NZ sooner rather than later is it worth us buying a laptop to take with us? Will it blow up the minute we plug it into an NZ socket? It should certainly get used as we hope to complete the sale of house our fairly soon at which point we will have to go live with the outlaws.

Thanks

Iain
    Iain

Not sure, but some people I have seen somewhere that you can buy laptops dirt cheap in Singapore if you fly that way.

Just an idea

all the best

alex

That's exactly what we're doing. Ditching our home PC (very much on last legs) and buying a laptop in Singapore.

Don't worry - it won't blow up (much).

Diny

We would need/ want one before we went so will probably but it here, just checking out prices on pricerunner (great site for looking/buying loads of stuff).

Didn't mean any offence by using the term 'tech head', just showing my ignorance to these things.

Iain

would the term grease monkey offend you, or bean counter or sparkie,chippy etc wouldn't me.

Spanner monkey, thats me that is

Quote Originally Posted by Iain & Liz

Didn't mean any offence by using the term 'tech head', just showing my ignorance to these things.

Iain
    I think I'd only worry if I was called a a different 4 letter word before 'head', i.e. one starting with 'D' and ending in 'K'

alex

We dumped our old PC on the in-laws and bought a laptop with us!

The e-mail us from our old comp but it does what they want and our laptop is great and susrvive the journey

Alex

There's nothing wrong with being called a dark head

Diny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast