Thread: Getting assessed

Default Getting assessed

Seems as though both me and my husband will need to be assessed.

A few questions.

Do you think it's two separate assessments meaning two fees or is it more likely to be a single fee? Mine would for be for a college diploma and his would be for a trade ticket.

Do you think we should include some proof of work experience along with the assessment? I'm not sure where I got this idea but it sounded like we should send along some proof of employment.

()

Here is the start of your homework! http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...killedmigrant/

You need to follow the links on that page, and read all the information. On one of them, you will find the online points check, so you can see how many points your qualifications, age, etc., will get you. You need to try this both ways round, with each of you as the principal applicant and the other one as the partner, to see which way gets you the most points - the more the better. (And yes, it is normal to put in one application per couple, so, one fee.)

You apply by putting in an EOI (Expression Of Interest) - again, the link is from that page. All the information is there of what you need to tell them. It boils down to being everything about you, as workers and as a couple. If your EOI is selected as having everything necessary, you will be sent an ITA (Invitation To Apply) it will be passed to a CO (Case Officer) for checking, and at that point, you have to have documentation to prove everything you said in your EOI - your qualifications, your work history and your joint existence as a couple. Lots of old threads on here go into details of what people have needed to do - use the Search button on the blue bar above in the first instance to pull up anything you're wondering about.

Not wishing to disagree with a Mod, but my reading of the OP was that it's about NZQA assessment, and in that case then I am pretty sure from my dalliance with them that it would need to be one assessment per person (two fees), although you could save a few $ by posting both applications to them in the same envelope.

Just my interpretation of the post and process though, sorry if I am wrong and confusing people here.

Oh, I see exactly what you mean, Duncan - I may well have misunderstood what was being asked. *head*desk*

If it's NZQA you're asking about, Duncan's absolutely right, and, coconut, excuse me and ignore everything I just said.

Good idea using the same envelope!! Probably save a few dollars right there.

Funny how the first link ended up in the post as ...killedmigrant. Didn't sound too friendly.

Thanks.

We're now digging deep into the NZQA site. Just found a doc that is 33 pages long. but it looks like it will answer all the questions we have.

...but, my god eh? The sheer mountain of data one has to plow through....

I think we all get square eyeballs!

However, if you were to post exactly what qualifications you both have, you might find somebody here has already been there before you, and could give you the shortcut to the right bit.

In the end then after sending in my NZQA assessment then I had it returned as my quals got added to the LoQEA. I got a letter from my company stating employment dates, grades (job titles) and that it was full time. Also sent in my CV. This was what I interpretted the requirements to be to support the NZQA assessment of my degree. Note that I wasn't looking for the experience to be assessed explicitly, that was just to support the degree. If you're confused then I'd definately say to call NZQA, they were stunningly helpful when I called to discuss the LoQEA changes they made in May, removing my degree. Indeed after 3 minutes was put through to someone who was responsible for the UK list, I explained my position, he agreed, asked me to email and produced a further update which is about to come into force They were friendly and prepared to talk, so I'd definately recommend calling.