Thread: A pleasant afternoon.

Default A pleasant afternoon.

Met up with a friend at Lloyd Elsmore Park, Pakuranga where we had to make a payment at the swimming pool (very nice and FREE to use ). Afterwards we decided to have a walk around the park as both of us always forget what a large site it covers. There is a bowls/badminton/cricket club and many others too. But one of the best things to discover with all our 5 daughters in tow was a marble run in the grounds - kept them amused for ages. It's just near the Howick Historical Village (where you can buy a bag of 5 large marbles for $1) which has a rather nice coffee shop. Spent a pleasant while sipping lattes watching the girls have a ball.

Any hidden gems you've discovered?

There's a website in the Air New Zealand magazine that I have seen when flying domestically and it gets people to put down exactly this kind of personal gem, but for the life of me I can't find it..........AHHHHHHH!!!!

It's lovely when you come across something 'special' like that.

Quote Originally Posted by YouMeAndThree View Post
    Met up with a friend at Lloyd Elsmore Park, Pakuranga where we had to make a payment at the swimming pool (very nice and FREE to use ). Afterwards we decided to have a walk around the park as both of us always forget what a large site it covers. There is a bowls/badminton/cricket club and many others too. But one of the best things to discover with all our 5 daughters in tow was a marble run in the grounds - kept them amused for ages. It's just near the Howick Historical Village (where you can buy a bag of 5 large marbles for $1) which has a rather nice coffee shop. Spent a pleasant while sipping lattes watching the girls have a ball.

Any hidden gems you've discovered?
    Hi, do you intend to have such a small meetings in some stage?

Some of the sites that we enjoyed visiting:
    The Zoo (in western springs)
    Kelly Tarltons
    Botanic Gardens
    Cockel Bay Beach

)

we were going to go to the zoo today but opted for finding an xmas tree instead, i will have to look for the marble run next time we go swimming LO would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by AliIsmailNZ View Post
    Some of the sites that we enjoyed visiting:
    The Zoo (in western springs)
    Kelly Tarltons
    Botanic Gardens
    Cockel Bay Beach

)
    Hi there, Happy 2010. Update on the list for the sites that we visited recently
    - Butterfly Creek (near Auckland airport)
    - Mt Eden Summit
    - Devonport (the city and the summit)

Hi another update for pleasant places that worth to have a picnic:
    - Western Spring park.
    - Cornwell park (in Greenlane)

I recall visiting bell house in the mid 70's (to try visit the Aussie band "Sherbet") at Loyld Elsmore Park, and was at the park a few weeks back. Still very nice, including the Hockey fields/stadiums - near the kids play park.

"Nearby" Areas to visit include: Point View Drive (I use to look out from the summit);
    Top end of Cockle Bay Beach/Shelly Beach (thinks it's called that) by walking down steep bush steps from sandspit road to a little boat/yacht shed; Musick Point/Buckland's Beach - at Golf Course End - some steps to the beach near the exposed "England Rock" at low tide;