Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 110vt & 240 electricity transmission lines

The buzzing sound, especially when it is wett outside, is the sound of the forming of corona ions, explained in the former post.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_BQ View Post
    Though I would consider being 2km away is a bit excessive.
    When in depth researching this exact topic a number of years ago, I calculated that a safe distance from the massive high tension lines that we have in the US was nearly 5000 feet. Which is almost a mile. Which is about 2 km.

Wish I had kept my files when we moved to NZ and I could give you detailed reasons for this calculation but I didn't and now too much time has passed for me to recall the exacts. I just remember "one mile" and I stick by it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    When in depth researching this exact topic a number of years ago, I calculated that a safe distance from the massive high tension lines that we have in the US was nearly 5000 feet. Which is almost a mile. Which is about 2 km.

Wish I had kept my files when we moved to NZ and I could give you detailed reasons for this calculation but I didn't and now too much time has passed for me to recall the exacts. I just remember "one mile" and I stick by it.
    I take it that you had different distances for different power lines though?

Do you remember based on what you made those calculations?

I still have the official Dutch reports and maybe they are in English too (they did that very often for the European Commision)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12