Thread: Reputable Used Car Dealer Christchurch

Default Reputable Used Car Dealer Christchurch

Hi All,

We are arriving in ChCh on 30th November . We will be looking to purchase a car on arrival, and need some recommendations for a reputable used car dealer in the area.

Thanks & regards
    Richard & Francoise

What sort of car are you looking to purchase? I'm currently selling a 2006 Toyota Prius (on trademe for the last 2 weeks) in immaculate condition - interested? Would be happy to drop it off in Chch for you.

Failing that, trademe has both private and dealer listings, most will come with an AA check and you can request a 2 year warranty from many dealers (more of an insurance policy than a warranty).

I'm not sure what kind of car you are looking for but we bought a car from Paul Wallace on Moorhouse in Chch (and he sold our cars when we left NZ).

We spent a morning in Christchurch library reviewing the papers from the previous couple of weeks to see which dealers had cars that we were interested in. Then we walked around each of these to look at the cars themselves. In the end we bought from AutoSelect at 74 St Asaph St and they were very helpful.

we got ours from Wheeler Motor Co. on Moorhouse - a general used car lot. For a used car salesman, we thought the guy was straight forward and very helpful. not pushy at all. When we took the car for a test drive, he told us to take it as long as we wanted: "take a few hours! do your grocery shopping! we won't be worrried." maybe that's a NZ thing...
    As we had just arrived in NZ, the salesman also gave us his card and told us to call him if we had any questions about settling in, which was an extra nice touch.
    We've had to do one warranty repair (a headlight burnt out) and it was no hassle at all. Also, since they didn't have a matching headlight in stock, they replaced both of them so that we'd have a matching set. no charge.
    Of course, this is just one person's experience, but for what it's worth we'd definitely go back there for our next car.
    lindsay

Thx for all the info - lots to keep us busy when we arrive, and hopefully we'll soon have a set of wheels.

Cheers
    Francoise

We bought from http://www.continentalprestige.co.nz/ couldn't fault the service we received, had it bought across the water & his after sales service on little things that went wrong was fab

The Trading Post which is part of my friends business is very good indeed! We have purchased a car from him and I get all my servicing done with them also.

http://www.donnithornesimms.co.nz/