Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epson Printer Problem

Default Epson Printer Problem

Hiya All,
    Just a quickie, we brought our Epson printer with us and it has just run out of ink.
    We have been trying to replace them but have been told UK printers will not recognise NZ ink cartridges.
    It has been suggested to us we ditch our printer and buy the same NZ model to avoid more problems, (not what we want to do as our printer is less than a year old) Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

This issue has come up a few times on the forum if you do a search...

Most people seem to just order their cartridges from the UK as they are normally cheaper anyway. Another option is to talk to the manufacturer and see if they can modify your printer so it will take NZ ones instead.

No idea for Epson but for some others e.g. HP you can change the region by entering some special codes on the keypad.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Rob&Don View Post
    Hiya All,
    Just a quickie, we brought our Epson printer with us and it has just run out of ink.
    We have been trying to replace them but have been told UK printers will not recognise NZ ink cartridges.
    It has been suggested to us we ditch our printer and buy the same NZ model to avoid more problems, (not what we want to do as our printer is less than a year old) Has anyone else had a similar experience?
    Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Can you get the cartridges re-filled?
    Try here; http://www.cartridgeworld.co.nz/

Nick.
    Last edited by NikT; 15th November 2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: add URL

Quote Originally Posted by NikT View Post
    Can you get the cartridges re-filled?
    Try here; http://www.cartridgeworld.co.nz/

Nick.
    We couldn't get ours refilled. As Ian mentioned, we buy ours from the UK. We did buy a cheap NZ printer too for the children's bits and bobs, but our UK one was not very old and is used for direct CD printing.

My US printer is not pleased with the refilled ink cartridges but they work. I had the original cartridges refilled at Cartridge world (link in post above) and it was actually cheaper than buying them in the US.

By "not pleased" I mean it pops up a window every time I print warning me that this is not "official" ink. but I just close the window and it prints great.

(side note: greedy manufacturers and their "official" ink!!)

Given the relative costs of inks vs. printers then you need to consider the long run. I've two printers, one for every day stuff that cost the same as a full set of full size ink cartridges, and then a photo printer that is several years old, but was very expensive (comparatively). Even a set of inks would be £100.

It may well be cheaper to buy a new NZ printer instead of ordering ink cartridges from the UK. It's such a screwed business model from the consumer perspective.

In the long run, remember to check out the laser printers -- especially if you don't need to print photos often. Even the colour lasers are rather cheap today and the toners last forever -- and they don't dry if you don't use them. For ordinary use, brochures, etc their quality is excellent and occasional photos are fine, but they are not match to the best photo inkjets out there.

The above post has a very valid point, I've been real pleased to see the price of printers come back in price.

Hi what printer do you have as we have spare cartridges.

Elaine (Kim39OH)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim39 View Post
    Hi what printer do you have as we have spare cartridges.

Elaine (Kim39OH)
    Sorry to appear dim, (easily done!) but is that question to me?
    Last edited by Rob&Don; 17th November 2009 at 09:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast