Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auckland Trip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Auckland Trip

We are planning a trip down to Auckland at the begining of next month to do a bit of shopping and exploring. Since Eric wants to get some snowboarding in at the new snowplanet place at Silverdale we are looking for accommodation on the North Shore probably a small 1 bed motel room or similar. Can anybody recomend something in that Vacinity? Can be further towards the city if necessary.

Also, I have been trying to figure out where is good to do some shopping, clothes, shoes for us and children (would like to have the childrens feet measured, like they do in Clarkes as not available here in Whangarei), good toy stores (do they have anything like Early Learning Centre here?)

I have heard St Lukes mentioned in conversations and I think it is on the North Shore, can anyone tell me where, also how big is it, is it anything like meadowhall or is it better/worse, what shops does it have?

If we went into central Auckland, what streets should we aim for, for a good shopping experience?

Any other suggestions/help/advice/assistance would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Amanda

Can't help with the motel as I live in the city, but I can with the shopping.

St Lukes Mall is in St Lukes, which is heading west out of the main city. If you are on the Shore I would go to Glenfield Mall to avoid the extra journey. That will have clothes shops, shoe shops etc all under one roof.

I've never actually been to Glenfield Mall as I frequent St Lukes for mass shopping trips, but believe it is pretty similar in size.
    Both are way, way smaller than Meadowbank though!

hi,
    When we got here we stayed at a motel in Papatoetoe which is south Auckland - basic but owners were lovely. Grange lodge Motel- you can find it on the net. Its about 15mins to the city centre from there - if you need any more info PM me.
    Linda x

Hello Amanda

If you are going to Central Auckland, do not miss this largest shopping town in NZ : http://www.xlr8online.co.nz/botany/
    It has many trendy shops and cafe/bar or restuarants.

Have a good trip to Auckland :P

Thanks guys for your responses.

Linda - I think papatoetoe may be a little too far south for us, but I will bear it in mind!

For those expert shoppers out there - where is the best place to have your childrens feet measured and fitted with shoes like they do in Clarkes?

What shops are good for educational toys..like Early Learning Centre...Do they have Early Learning Centre toys here????

I think we will definately be checking out Glenfield and probably St Lukes too if we have time. Quite glad neither are as big as Meadowhall, it used to take me hours to go from shop to shop there and I still missed loads of places, my feet were always killing by the end of the day and I felt too tired to drive home!!!

Cheers

Amanda

waiheke Island > CC > Queenstown > Hampshire UK >2005 ???

where is the best place to have your childrens feet measured and fitted with shoes like they do in Clarkes?
    good luck , I resorted to drawing outlines of my daughters feet , and sending them back to my Mum in UK, so she could send me out shoes from Clarkes.

However, there is a shop in Devonport that sells a small and pricy range of Clarkes kids shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_amanda

For those expert shoppers out there - where is the best place to have your childrens feet measured and fitted with shoes like they do in Clarkes?

Amanda
    We gave up looking.

SHe now wears gum boots in winter and jandals in summer with the odd pair of sneakers thrown in from the Warehouse.

Her feet seem fine.

Default Shopping

Hi Amanda, I dont think you can beat Dress Smart in Onehunga, they sell only clothes, they have all the best brands, but at up to 70% discount. they are a discount mall.
    As to fitting childrens shoes- forget it, just do your best!
    Gran

http://www.dress-smart.co.nz/

Dress-Mart is great for last seasons clothes, but only has a couple of shops for childrens wear and no toy shops or other stores like Early Learning.

Botany may be the biggest shopping centre, but it's miles from Silverdale and the SnowPlanet.

Glenfield and St Lukes are both Westfield malls - http://www.westfield.com/nzcentres/o...submitted=true

You can check what stores are at each location.

I don't know of anywhere that measures children's feet - but then I don't have any children.

Hannahs measure length of feet and will check fit. Had my kids done there. Plus are a couple in wellington that measure and sell Clarks...can't think offhand but I went on line and checked out 'clarks shoes in NZ' or something like that. Try that.

Sarah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast