Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginners Guide to VOIP, SIP etc

I went down the voip road and find it quite good and i have no intention of getting a land line.
    I bought a vertek router for $600 and an 2Talk account for $15 (500 minutes)a month and a naked DSL 10GB connection with Snap for $70 a month. The info I had received was that router supplied by ISP were not very good. I use phone, fax machine, 2 computers, Internet radio and iPhone through the router and found it smooth running.
    this is the speed i get.

I would recommend a naked DSL connection over a land line from my experience in central Chch.

David

'duel citizenship'

Man, I had no idea it was THAT hard to get!!

Pistols or swords?

Cool

Although no longer in NZ I have opted for Naked DSL here in OZ, my package included a wireless modem with VOIP so all my calls are through the net, I get free national and Local calls and cheap overseas calls.

I have used Skype now for many years but I have just started a skype subscription to the UK, this gives me unlimited calls to landlines for A$6.95 per month....The down side however is if the power is out for any reason....No Phone!

Quote Originally Posted by colindp View Post
    Although no longer in NZ I have opted for Naked DSL here in OZ, my package included a wireless modem with VOIP so all my calls are through the net, I get free national and Local calls and cheap overseas calls.

I have used Skype now for many years but I have just started a skype subscription to the UK, this gives me unlimited calls to landlines for A$6.95 per month....The down side however is if the power is out for any reason....No Phone!
    You'd get no phone in a power cut if your normal handset was cordless though, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Mac View Post
    Don't be moving out to the Bundu like wot we did!
    Actually I am planning a move out to the wop-wops... I don't know, I think ChCh is getting a wee bit overcrowded. I will miss you, cable...

No danger of over crowding in these here parts.

Only 1100 people in the village!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12