Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vimto Cordial and Pork Pie

Tripe, nice white honeycomb, haven't had that since I was a kid! Is that popular in NZ?

Incidently is sushi still cheap and widely available? That was one of the plus sides of NZ when I visited, could buy enough to stuff myself to bursting point (and I have a big appetite) and all for about NZ $10.

Cheers,

Yogi.

Lots of sushi and v. popular... usually a Sushi Express in most malls too.

This was discussed on a previous thread:

http://www.enz.org/forums/viewtopic....ighlight=sushi

What is it about the idea of NOT having something? I had to buy some pork pies today and I don't even like them - all because I think I will never have one again. Next thing I will be after the Bisto granules and Vimto, neither of which I have ever bought!
    I also found myself buying a huge bottle of Pantene Shampoo because I read it was hugely expensive in NZ. I usually use shampoo from Lush and quickly worked out there is one in Welly.
    Silly lady shoppers...... :?

Oh gawd .... I feel a confession coming on.

The other day I went into Poundland and bought some platic bags.

Not just a couple ..... but 1000 of them on a roll. But what makes it even more pathetic .......... I bought 3 rolls.

I now have 3000 9" x 11" plastic bags on a roll (perforated of course) to take with me.

Don't ask me why ......... I have no logical answer to give.

Anybody remember years ago that case where Lady Isabel Barnett was caught shop lifting. In the end I think they put it down to some kind of dementia. Maybe that's what those of us who find ourselves doing this weird impulse buying have got ....... some kind of immigration induced dementia.

I'm still determined to slip my impressive collection of margarine tubs into the shipment but I face strong opposition at each attempt.

Diny

Diny - bin those margarine tubs.
    The sense of satisfaction when I binned my 300 muller light tubs was enormous.

When my parents moved from Epsom to Sussex, my father took an entire trailer of empty plastic containers. There was nothing else in the trailer - just these tubs!

I shall miss the ability to turn muller light tubs into gold bells for the Christmas tree but hey - life is just too short to carry around these possessions. I have tried to exercise the "ultimate life laundry" experience for my pre-packing but - as you know - it is so hard when things are just so useful.....

Quote Originally Posted by Diny
    I'm still determined to slip my impressive collection of margarine tubs into the shipment but I face strong opposition at each attempt.
    Diny
    Diny, I know how you feel. My children could win prizes at pre-school with the creations made from the containers I hoard

I'm just starting the process of trying to prepare for the minor matter of moving, and think I'll be OK if I can have the combined help of a few select people. These are (in no particular order) the Life Laundry team, the House Doctor, Kim and Aggie and the Ready Steady Cook team (thanks Dan!).

Do you think I could fit them all in on the same day?

Emily

Jennie - I just knew I liked you from the start

I just can't bring myself to chuck anything out though. I blame it on my father who is the ultimate make do and mend - mind you they had it tough during the war .

Emily

I have a huge box of old birthday and Xmas cards of no particular significance. (The important ones - first birthdays, important anniversaries, first Mothers Day as a mummy.... - are kept in another huge box). I keep threatening to take them into Gemma's preschool for cutting and pasting - but they are sooooo hard to let go of! I also have an impressive collection of tiny little petit filous containers which are of no use to anyone (including the kids nursery who already have shedloads!). Do you think someone in NZ might want them......hmmmmm?

'My name is Deborah, I'm a compulsive hoarder'

Debs

Debs - I like your style

Emily

Emily, Diny, Debs & I should start hoarders anonymous - I love the phrase Debs!

Reminds me that when we moved here the removal men were telling me I should have had the car boot sale before we moved!

My worst things are definately craft bits. I had an entire 10 x 8 summerhouse devoted to them. I could not walk past a craft, fabric or haberdashery dept. without purchasing. I even left a garden centre once with 20 huge hessian coffee bags that they used to wrap garden statues with. Sold them on Ebay......!
    http://www.imagestorepro.com/ebay_song.html

Maybe we should all get together in NZ and start scrap stores like we have here? I would so love to have a warehouse to keep stuff in....

Stop it Jennie. You are losing control again

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast