Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Vimto Cordial and Pork Pie

So cool to read, of course Miep's post caught my attention... I will miss the liquorice and cheese I think, but now I know there really is a not too expensive solution for that! (Wonder if we could import a few kilo's of both ahead)

Totally smiled at Moorf's story and I have to agree, us mom's save so much stuff, I mean you just never know, and you can't just throw it all away, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf
    For my 21st B'day my parents presented me with 2 big scrapbooks - one was filled with EVERYTHING from the day I was born - all my hospital tags/birth details, the shilling my dad put in my hand as soon as I was born (which is now on a chain!), EVERYTHING including a curl of hair etc etc ALL the letters I wrote them from boarding school and all my school reports, brownie/girl guide badges, mothers day/xmas/birthday cards etc etc .. a real treasure trove.

The 2nd was a diary that they filled in each New Year from the year I was born, which included a pic of me and told that years story of my life.. my naughty deeds, my achievements, my illnesses, my hobbies, and other "funnies" and events.

I treasure them both dearly.

The only think I didn't get was my milk teeth which mum still keeps in her jewellry box!! :eek
    Thats sounds wonderfull - what a great present to give to you.

Emily

I agree.

If i ever get time to put it all together would love to do something for the kids like that.

My mum loves pork pies.. she used to get them in Marks & Spencers before they closed down in Canada.. if they have M&S in NZ, perhaps you can find them there?
    I'm a big vimto fan myself.. I buy it locally at an Arabic supermarket.. it's imported from Saudi Arabia (regular though - not sugar free).. perhaps there's such a supermarket near you that stocks it..

Quote Originally Posted by Wooba
    if they have M&S in NZ, perhaps you can find them there?

who?

God I WISH

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567