Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: right sequence... nzqa assessment needed or helpfull for EOI?

Default right sequence... nzqa assessment needed or helpfull for EOI?

Well... to repeat the title:
    What would be the proper sequence...
    NZQA before or after EOI ?
    Is NZQA assessment needed or helpfull for EOI?

By the way, probably there is a topic about this somehwhere
    but can't see it right now, sorry.. How long does it take to get full NZQA assessment ?

PS
    Since my country is not regarded as "comparable market",
    does my wife also must have NZQA done ?
    or... if it is not an obligation, would it be usefull for anything to have it done ?
    Last edited by PeterV; 10th April 2009 at 10:26 AM.

Hi,

NZQA is only needed if the institution that your qualifications were gained from is not on the list of pre-approved institutions. However, if claiming BONUS points on the EOI for the qualification it must be assessed by NZQA regardless.

We had ours done before submitting the EOI but you can have it done between EOI stage and ITA I think. Ours took just 6 weeks to come back and that was not fast tracked...as such we had expected 3 months so were pleasantly surprised.

Can't help with some of your other queries, but I hope this has been of some help.

Hey thank you, sure it helps.
    Hope to get few more answers, to get even wiser.

Hmm, somehow I think it would be better to have NZQA ready first...

I had a Pre-assessment Result (PAR) on my post-grad qualification for my EoI ($75, rated it as Level 7), but I didn't get any additional points for this. So now that I have my ItA I'm wondering what the point of the full International Qualifications Assessment (IQA) would be? Wouldn't the result be just the same, i.e. my qualification is equivalent to a Level 7 NZ qualification? Seems like a waste of $450 to me!

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Not everybody has to have their qualifications assessed by NZQA for PR - only if what you happen to have isn't in the official list of what is already recognized. If that's the case, NZQA will check the details of your particular degree to see what it's equivalent to for NZ purposes.

The pre-assessment is a quick look-see, for the candidate's own info and peace of mind before deciding to submit their EOI. The full works is what is required for NZIS, if necessary in one's own case, and includes detailed checking of transcripts etc.. This can also be required for some professional bodies within NZ.

If you have enough points without this particular qualification, you don't necessarily have to mention it, I believe.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking. I'll just get my application in and assume that if NZQA will need to see anything that my case officer will let me know. Cheers.

[QUOTE=PeterV;288443]Well... to repeat the title:
    What would be the proper sequence...
    NZQA before or after EOI ?
    Is NZQA assessment needed or helpfull for EOI?

If your degree awarding body is not listed on NZQA, you will need full assesment for submitting ITA, however, PAR will be required for EOI. You can apply without PAR and even your EOI will be selected but before issuing ITA, CO willask you to get PAR done.

By the way, probably there is a topic about this somehwhere
    but can't see it right now, sorry.. How long does it take to get full NZQA assessment ?

Full NZQA assesment takes atleast 4 months, there is a fast track system as well with additional $150, which takes 2-4 weeks depending upon how quickly degree awarding body responds to NZQA for verification.

PS
    Since my country is not regarded as "comparable market",
    does my wife also must have NZQA done ?

Yes, if you are claiming points for her qualification and her degree awarding body is not llisted/recognised by NZQA, she will be required to get the qualification assesed.

Don't even bother with a pre-assessment. Do the full assessment, It may cost more but it is worth it.
    We did a pre-assessment before we submitted the EOI.
    NZQA assessed ours as level 3 and that nearly costed us that our EOI was de-selected.
    After e mails to NZIS we were afforded time to do a NZQA full assessment and this came back as level 4 and our EOI was selected again.

Quote Originally Posted by johanpet View Post
    Don't even bother with a pre-assessment. Do the full assessment, It may cost more but it is worth it.
    We did a pre-assessment before we submitted the EOI.
    NZQA assessed ours as level 3 and that nearly costed us that our EOI was de-selected.
    After e mails to NZIS we were afforded time to do a NZQA full assessment and this came back as level 4 and our EOI was selected again.

More or less the same for me. I did a pre-assesment and it came back a level 5. I needed level six, so I did a full assesment as well. This time it came back a level 6, but took almost a year and because it took so long my EOI was declined.

I am telecom engineer and send my docs for assessment in April_11_2009 but still waiting for the answer but i see my status on IQA site that is "Waiting". What should i do ?
    Should i contact the universities to kick out the process? and finally
    RizJunior ...Can you please give me your contact number ? if you dont mind.

Asim Mirza

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast