Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Long Should "Verification" Take?

Default How Long Should "Verification" Take?

Lodged my PR application on 19 May with London Branch. In reply to a couple of very polite follow-up queries, finally received a message on 19 November from my CO that my application was "still undergoing verification," and that she'd contact me if she needed any further information (this reply was originally sent on 29 October to an incorrect e-mail address -- doesn't their e-mail program flag unsuccessful delivery attempts?)

What in the world could they be verifying that's taking so long? I was prepared for a medical question or two (previously undiagnosed minor condition showed up on the medical), but I haven't been asked for any additional information. Police certs were clear, I've 20+ years of relevant experience (and the individuals who wrote verifying letters haven't been contacted), have a degree from a recognized institution, and am a native of an English-speaking country.

So, I'm baffled at the delay. I'd basically suspended my job search, expecting to have a decision by now. Quite a few tempting vacancies are open at the moment, but I fear that if I tell potential employers that there appears to be some sort of issue with my PR application, it'd be a waste of time even applying.

Anyone experience similar silent treatment?

My guess is that things of yours are still sitting in the CO's in-tray waiting their turn. As you're not aware of any areas of your life where there would be issues, it's more likely that her work has backed up than that she is assiduously verifying anything all this time. As with any bureaucracy, yes, lots of forumites get to wondering what has happened to their case, it takes as long as it takes, and there's not really any comeback. Sympathies.

After searching the forum for something that could help us in our situation, I found this thread, that describes almost the same situation that we are in at the moment.

We have been waiting for 3 mth for our verification to end and to finally receive interview details, and we still have no news. I know...no news is good news but after a year since we submitted our EOI and everything that we have been trough, we are crazy. All our papers are clear, no issues of any kind. I'm aware that patience is the best medicine in this situation but we are exhausted (but determent to live in NZ). Everything is in status quo now, job hunting, Master degrees, planning a family etc. Sorry for this rant guys but I just needed to let it out of my mind. I forgot to mention, we are from a non-English speaking country (that could be the catch)???
    I know...we can only wait, but if someone has any kind of advice or experience why is it taking soooooo long or if there is a time frame for verification, we would really appreciate it.

Cheers

(((())))

Thanks JandM

If it makes you feel any better (since I'm the one that started this thread), we are now past the interview and waiting for our paperwork to be "second checked," so we should have an answer relatively soon (London branch as well).

I doubt that the mere fact that you're from a country that doesn't use English matters all that much. Presumably, you had to give them IELTS results, and they'll further evaluate your English during the interview.

Best of luck and I hope you hear something soon.

Thanks sks,

I hope you will have some great news soon!
    You deserve it after such a long time!!!
    Hopefully, we'll hear something soon. (I've been saying this for a while now)

We are still at the verification stage, four months after initial CO contact. We submitted our last requested documents one month ago and last night I emailed our CO to see if she had any news. She said she hoped to get the verification results back by the end of this month. I'll assume that really means two months from now.

Oh well. In the meantime, I'm still supporting the All Whites in the World Cup. If they end up rejecting us we will burn our jerseys

I think most of your troubles is caused by people like me
    If you have a job offer you kind of queue jump those who don't, If you think you can get an offer then you can add it in later and it will speed things up as there is now a definite timescale to your application.

I have found this site
    http://www.oag.govt.nz/2009/immigrat....htm#verifying with some interesting information about Verification Unit of NZIS from 2009. It says there is only 1 verification officer in London Branch . I hope someone has an updated info on all this. If you do, please share.

THX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast