Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UGG boots

Default UGG boots

Have never been a fan of them myself, but my cousin is after a pair for her daughter back in the UK (classic, long, chestnut). She's asked me to find out if they are cheaper over here and then ship them back, or not. TBH I wouldn't know an 'official' Ugg boot from a generic Ugg boot, so can anyone give me any pointers like price and where to buy or purchase online.

T.I.A.

Lx

.....others can provide links where to buy them BUT be careful...a lot of rip offs being sold out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow View Post
    .....others can provide links where to buy them BUT be careful...a lot of rip offs being sold out there!
    That's my problem because Ugg, from what I have read was a generic name for a sheepskin boot produced by many small business/farms - so I'm not sure we can call them rip off's as such, but as for knowing which is the so called 'proper' UGG......I have no clues.

(a bit like a huge number of the population who hoover their carpets with a hoover, very often it's not a Hoover at all, doesn't make the vacuum cleaner a fake..........well that's how I view it, )

The brand that everyone seems to want in the UK is Ugg Australia. Their website is here:
    http://www.uggaustralia.com/nz/index.aspx

They have a list of authorised online retailers:
    ballantynes.co.nz, bungyshop.co.nz, hartings.co.nz, hikoi.co.nz, kiwidiscovery.co.nz
    merinodiscovery.co.nz, nzwoolshed.co.nz, overlandfootwear.co.nz, RoyalT.co.nz, souvenirs.co.nz, thewoolpress.com

Price wise, tall classics retail at about $250 or so I think.
    Unless you can get a really good deal on them here, there probably isn't much of a saving to be made once you factor in exchange rates and postage costs.

I don't think it's 'fakes' so much as cheap imitations, there are thousands of boots out there that look like Uggs but since the design is not protected any old bit of imitation sheepskin made into a sock shape will do for some people. Personally I'm astounded that after so many years people are still wearing them, I thought (hoped?) they would be old hat by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooly_Cow View Post

But if you look at this article (from about a third of the way down) you will see what I mean Seems to be an argument over whether American Deckers are trying to play the big bully......or not??? Still an ugly item of footwear though, imo

Thanks KerryS - I will forward on the website to her.

What's the name of those boots that used to make you look like you had 'Yeti' feet??? Quite popular in the late 70's/early 80's I recall. I thought they were called Uggs. I'd love a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Arwen View Post
    What's the name of those boots that used to make you look like you had 'Yeti' feet??? Quite popular in the late 70's/early 80's I recall. I thought they were called Uggs. I'd love a pair.
    No they were called 'Yeti Boots' ---- if you means the hairy ones!

Fantastic!!! Many thanks Wooly Cow. I just Googled 'Yeti Boots' and hey presto, there they were.

I know what I want for Christmas now. To look like a 'Wooly Cow'!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast