Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaffa cakes in NZ

Smile Jaffa cakes in NZ

Just been browsing in Bramptins, the UK grocer shop, in Devonport when I spotted Jaffa Cakes. I recall that they've been mentioned a few times recently on the forum. They've even got enormous Christmas stocking tubes comprising six packs of JCs. Anyway, if anyone has the urge for JCs, Heinz sponge puddings or Ready Brek, you can order online and they deliver anywhere in NZ. Be warned, it could end up costing you a small body part!

The web site: http://www.bramptins.co.nz/

They also have shops in Browns Bay, Orewa and Pakuranga.

Or you can get them in my local Pak n Save, in the 'exotic foreign foods' section, alongside the sponge fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by frootbat View Post
    Or you can get them in my local Pak n Save, in the 'exotic foreign foods' section, alongside the sponge fingers!
    Or, you can get them in New World.

Ian

They're quite pricey though aren't they?! I can't remember what they're called but there's something very similar to a jaffa cake sold here that is also in blackcurrant flavour- yummy!!

When I was last in the UK I ate an awful lot of jaffa cakes in one go What is it about them? Do you suck all the chocolate and sponge off the orange blob too? We have competitions with the kids to see who can get the most intact, smooth, thick orange blob- it's more of a challenge than it sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    They're quite pricey though aren't they?! I can't remember what they're called but there's something very similar to a jaffa cake sold here that is also in blackcurrant flavour- yummy!!
    There's Griffins Sensations and Woolworths 'Select' do a similar version, both are alright, but neither quite cut it as a Jaffa Cake replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    When I was last in the UK I ate an awful lot of jaffa cakes in one go What is it about them?
    Actually, I'm not keen on them - like a bit of stale cake IMHO. That's probably why I didn't notice that they're already in every supermarket in NZ! Doh.

Quote Originally Posted by norma View Post
    Actually, I'm not keen on them - like a bit of stale cake IMHO. That's probably why I didn't notice that they're already in every supermarket in NZ! Doh.
    The problem is that you didn't have any fresh ones... they shouldn't seem stale.

Ian

There's a British-themed cafe near us (well, an hour and a half away - that counts as near round here!) and I was overjoyed to see a big display of Jaffa cakes. I picked up a box, and noticed it was empty, and when I took it to the till the lady ran off saying, "Oh, the Jaffa cakes are in the freezer." She had opened every single box, taken the contents out and put them in the freezer, then stacked up all the empty boxes on the display.... I scoffed the whole lot before they'd even thawed. Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Jo View Post
    She had opened every single box, taken the contents out and put them in the freezer, then stacked up all the empty boxes on the display.... I scoffed the whole lot before they'd even thawed. Yum.
    I swear they have an addictive agent in the orange bit!

Mmmm, jaffa cakes. I ate a whole box the day before we flew

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast