Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cooker of choice

Default Cooker of choice

Hi all I just had a thought Can you buy AGA's in NZ if not it is something that will have to come with me

Not sure as not looked a lot for cookers as yet but here's a site http://www.aga.co.nz/
    HTH

Could a wooden floor take the weight of an AGA? If not, you might be limiting yourself when it comes to housing.

I wouldn't want to guess the shipping cost!

Most houses here would be very unsuited to an Aga I reckon. You should also consider the very real issue of being able to get parts and service.

If you'll be having your AGA on all the time, I'd find a large income stream to fund the fuel ;-)

Yes you can get AGA's in NZ....we are planning on getting one eventually.

AGA will not ship directly to NZ (we have tried this), but will supply via their NZ distributer F.L. Bone. The reason for this is that their warranty etc requires registered fitters to replace parts/service them when moved (such as when you move house).

http://www.flbone.co.nz/

There is also a company based in Christchurch that imports reconditioned AGA's and Rayburns but they come with no warranty and getting replacement parts of servicing would be at your own cost and risk. This means that damage is not likely to be covered on your house insurance.
    Sorry, can't find the link right now...will have another look later.

Quote Originally Posted by hosebergine View Post
    If you'll be having your AGA on all the time, I'd find a large income stream to fund the fuel ;-)
    The new electric AGA has a slumber mode, and over winter would cost about about $100 per month to run.....less in summer. This is considerably cheaper than many other hot water/heating options available in NZ.

Sounds good with the water and cooking for 100$ pm

I already have a nice 4 oven 1 hot plate and 2 boiler plate AGA but is an oil fuel aga do you know if i bring my current one will the aga dealers still service it out there ???? and is oil comparable in price to the uk (fuel oil not engine) type oil ?????

perhaps it might be best to talk to aga nz????

Can you even buy heating oil here?

I've never seen anything that would use it for domestic sale, but I guess there might be someone somewhere.

Yes you would be able to get your AGA services by an approved agent over here.....but domestic heating oil is rare here and very, very expensive. Also a gas AGA is not much use here unless you happen to be in one of the few areas (some parts of Auckland and Wellington) that have mains gas....otherwise you would need to get bottled gas, which is getting more and more expensive, especially once you add on the cost of delivery/service contract/bottle hire etc. On the plus side one of the gas/oil AGA models can be converted to take bio fuels later on.....can't remember which one they told us though. We are (one day) planning on getting the new electric one (not the 30 amp one though) as it doesn't work out too bad cost-wise, even though it is a bit of a luxury item...to us the kitchen is the most important room of the house. There would also be the option of having some sort of tie into solar PV cells when the price of the new generation ones comes down in a few years time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast