Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Moving Company" in Auckland

Default "The Moving Company" in Auckland

Ok, we are doing everything at the last minute.

Anyone have any experience with "the Moving Company" in Auckland
    http://www.themovingcompany.co.nz/

We have been advised for one of the shipping companies we are negotiating with that The Moving Company will be handling things on the NZ side. Would love any feedback. Thank you!

ok, lots more to do yet...

Do NOT do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, this should be a deal breaker. Pick a different company!!!!!

Dealt with them in ChCh and had such a HORRIBLE experience that I ended up escalating the problem to management and ownership. I have dealt with company employees in Wellington and Auckland.
    I found the top officials to be rude, arrogant and practically illiterate (you should have read some of the mess!!)

When I complained about the typical MAF scam (I called MAF and got receipts!!), I found them to be vindictive. The woman I dealt with was dishonest and went out of her way to ensure that I paid HUNDREDS more in customs charges (PM me if you want details).
    They were very spiteful in many ways.

I asked to be present when our seal was broken. They did not allow this. And, in fact, off loaded our stuff into another truck. LOTS of damage and missing items.

To ice this cake, MANY MANY items were missing from our shipment. They were on the manifest but not in the shipment. Both companies blamed the other. I don't know who did it but I think it is interesting that the items that went missing have basically NO resell value in the US but they do in NZ. (to name a couple: mattresses can not be resold in the US but they can in NZ and all the mattresses went missing. Also, our gas grill--brand new in the US $500--in NZ $2000. Oh, and MOST of my clothing disappeared as well?????)
    Because both companies deny liability, I have never received ANY compensation. And YES, I had insurance.

I will be honest, the dealings with The Moving Company were SO HORRIBLE that I spent 6-8 months in a severe depression. I hated NZ because of the experience. Awful awful awful.

Fortunately, I have recovered somewhat. How I wish that we had shipped door to port and then arranged our own transport here. I think door to door is a rip off. I checked on this after we arrived and it would have been so much easier and cheaper--saving a couple thousand dollars (US).

My advice---make sure that you will NOT have to deal with The Moving Company.
    Last edited by GrumpyGoat; 12th January 2010 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyGoat View Post
    Do not do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ooh, that sounds bad. details please?

ETA thanks for your input.
    Last edited by GreenMeansGo; 12th January 2010 at 11:17 AM.

You could do a Search on them - a lot of people have posted details of their experiences with various removal firms.

I was editing my post with details when you were asking for them

thanks JandM, I tried, but their name is very generic as far as search words go, so I didn't find much specific on them.
    I'm going to start a shipper's review thread, I think.

Here you go. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...i=&safe=images (Using the Advanced Search on Google to search our site often allows you to be more specific.)

We didn't have the best from them either & feel they charged us more for other things because they knew they were not going to get it from their MAF fees as I demanded a copy of the fees, here's the thread from when we went that others contributed to, saying that it seems they vary from place to place & others have had no trouble with them
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15409

We used Excess Baggage from UK and The Moving Company was the handler at Christchurch - we had no problems with them. We only had 10 tea chests though, Grumpy Goats move sounds a bit more complicated.

We used John Mason for the UK end and The Moving Company handled the NZ end.
    I have to be honest and say they were excellent
    No missing items, no breakages at all
    We dealt with the Auckland office and cannot fault either their communications with us or their service when our shipment arrived. The men who delivered and unpacked our stuff were friendly, polite and extremely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them and I would use their services again without hesitation. HTH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast