Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 degrees mobile phones

Default 2 degrees mobile phones

Hi there,

Anyone on 2 degrees? Any comments/advice?

Doing some comparisons for mobiles, landlines, broadband etc. So much choice that I'm getting confused! Will get there in the end I'm sure!

Thx
    Francoise

My partner was, he transferred his Vodafone number over but as he couldn't txt or recieve txts from Ireland he went back to Vodafone (and kept his old number too!). When he contacted 2 degrees they said they didn't know why he couldn't. (Looking on their website, looks like it's because they haven't relationships with all carriers yet http://www.2degreesmobile.co.nz/text...eople-overseas) . I think all they did was note the problem but didn't give a timeline as to when it would be resolved.There are bugs that will probably iron out but I won't change until I can txt Ireland (and the UK).

all 4 of us have 2 degrees, no probs, cheap mob to mob calls, not to other networks though, in the vodafone shop they told us 2 degrees piggybacks vodafone and that's what we should go for!

I have got an XT work phone, a 2 Degrees personal phone and a Vodafone car phone. They all seem to work as well as each other.

The best thing about 2 Degrees is that you can change your phone number on-line so now my mobile number is 022 followed by our home phone number. Even I can remember that!

All good with 2degrees so far. After having a heart attack seeing cost of Vodaphone, etc. contracts when I arrived a few months ago, was glad to discover 2degrees.

Got my UK Virgin Mob phone unlocked (by Virgin) and used that no probs. You pay $2 fro the sim, but get $2 credit on it. Also, you also get another $3 credit for creating an online account.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Will check them out.

we both have 2 degrees DP was chewing through way too much credit with vodaphone (not to mention the extortionate price for the sim card) so he switched to 2degrees, taking his number with him and now he just tops up for the sake of the half price calls hasn't managed to use an entire 20 within a month yet!

I think the sims are now $20 and no longer £2 but they do come with the full $20 credit!

Is it possible for me to keep my telecom phone (home and/or cell) and switch to another network? Anyone know? It's hard to get a straight answer.

Kerri

Quote Originally Posted by kerrijeansmith View Post
    Is it possible for me to keep my telecom phone (home and/or cell) and switch to another network? Anyone know? It's hard to get a straight answer.

Kerri
    You can keep your telecom cell number with 2degrees.

but possibly not the actual phone itself, as telecom mobiles dont have sim cards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast