Thread: Any Teachers or Nurses?

Default Any Teachers or Nurses?

Is there anyone entering under the teacher/nurses skills catagory?

Would love to hear what your area of specialty is...any pointers?

Hi there I am a registered nurse in mental health and have just been offered a job in Hastings. They seem to be crying out for nurses in NZ. I will be going with a 2yr work visa then get residency once I am there I understand it is cheaper and easiier to do it this way as you get more points once working there etc. I went through a nursing agency which did not cost anything as the hospital boards pay them to find staff. This has taken out some of the hassle for me.

Default Congratulations on the Job in Hastings!

Congratulations!

Wow -- that is great. How many years nursing experience do you have? Have they somehow interviewed you?

Did you select Hastings....as a first choice?
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    Hi there I am a registered nurse in mental health and have just been offered a job in Hastings. They seem to be crying out for nurses in NZ. I will be going with a 2yr work visa then get residency once I am there I understand it is cheaper and easiier to do it this way as you get more points once working there etc. I went through a nursing agency which did not cost anything as the hospital boards pay them to find staff. This has taken out some of the hassle for me.
    wow! congratulations! where is the nursing agency located? do they have a website? my aunt is a nurse and she is interested in moving to NZ...

Thanks. I was open to going to where ever I was offered a job but did not want to go to the larger cities. I am really pleased with the location and I think it will suit me. I have 20 years experience in nursing. Jesselyn I have sent a private message to you. They interview you over the phone. I had two people on a link and whilst I was waiting for the phone call I sweated buckets! but it was'nt too bad at all and its the only interview I have been to and not dressed up for! The interview lasted one hour. If you are interested in going to NZ as a nurse the first thing you need to do is register your qualification and get it verified by the NZ nursing council. This can take a while but once you have it then you can start applying.