Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cost of dentists??

As far as I know Southern Cross offers an insurance for dental treatments, saw it mentioned somewhere and it did not seem to be too expensive.
    It should be somewhere on their website.

I would speak to a broker, the southern cross dental scheme is good, however there are some upper limited to claims in respect to there other products $75,000 upper claim limits. which in the case of a cancer claim could exceed that if it is prolonged. I suggest you speak to your insurance broker or PM me and I can help. Its all about a balance.

Tim

is it not time that some posters refrained or are otherwise restrained from puffing/promoting themselves or the services they can offer on this forum ?

Gonzo, im just trying to help.
    All it is is information, I am sorry if I have offended you.

Tim

My "problem' with pm-ing is sometimes, that I think the forum is a place to find information for a lot of people, so if they start sharing those information through pms, the rest of the readers miss out.
    There are certainly situations where someone does not want to share information which might be too private to make it publicly known, but, to be honest, I cannot imagine that it is too private to mention the name of an insurance company?

Ok, well just so you all know, I didnt mention the scheme from "Tower" because I didnt want to be seen as pushing something.

However the Tower Medical scheme is one of the best on the market for those wanting the all inclusive Gp, Optical, Dental package.

Hope this is useful.

Tim

Thumbs up Tooths out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Whangaparaoa Dental Clinic (near back of farmers and ASB) really lovely and kind dentist nurse and receptionist

It cost $490 in the end as i had to have alot of injections as my wisdom tooth wouldnt numb! he also had to drill into the bone so when he pulled my tooth (in a bad way) it didnt crumble - he got the tooth out in one pull and no breaks - i was given sedation which did help as i am a very nervous patient.

Just got a few more days of pain while it heals up and there is still some infection the antibiotics need to tackle

I will definately use them again and i would recommend - especially if your a nervous patient

The prices were not too bad - they will give you a rough quote over the phone - a normal straight forward exctraction was $140
    Last edited by thewoodies; 15th January 2010 at 02:41 AM.

Teamplayer- You have not offended me it's just that I note that most of your posts contain the "advice" that you should use a broker and then surprise suprise states that you are such a person. They usually then go on to mention some product or product provider. You justify this by stating that you are providing information of a factual nature. IMHO these are not facts merely opinions (albeit possibly educated ones) given that you then ask people to pm you for further info etc a cynic might suggest that your posts are designed to solicit business. If the "information " you supply is generic and therefore useful to forum members then I have no problem with that. It is just that in this instance I feel there is a fine line between providing information and self promotion

So glad for you that the extraction's all done, by a decent dentist. All the best for a trouble-free healing up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123